PSE Phenom arrow rest. Please can you help?

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I am trying to help an archer with his PSE Phenom. Close the the button hole that fixes the rest onto the riser there is a small peg standing out about 5mm wide and about 5mm above the surface. It seems to be there to locate a slot on the rest so the whole thing cannot fall down if the screw comes loose. That peg fits into a slot in the simple arrow rests like the Cavalier.
The problem is fitting any other rest can't be done without removing that peg. Does anyone know how that is fitted and therefore how it can be removed? Some bows show the riser without the peg in the riser but the hole for it doesn't hold any clues about how it is fixed.The hole for the peg is rectangular so it isn't simply screwed in.
Thanks

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Heehee, as there were no replies I assumed no one was reading the post so I wrote the second one just in case anyone would be trying to help in the future.
The solution was simple when you have keen eyesight. The horizontal block that stands proud of the riser is screwed to the vertical block that is sunk into the riser. All that was needed was the proud block turned anti clockwise to unscrew it. The tightness is not that critical as nothing can move once the rest is mounted over the block. A round peg could unscrew withing the rest mount slot, the block shape is too long to turn in that slot. Clever and simple.