records officer

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
evening all, I am a member of a very small club. our rec officer who has done the job for many years wants to stop and I have been asked t do it. I had a quick descusion with him (no time) and he said its just filling n spread sheets? whatever the are , and giving people info on round types..scores ..handicaps etc. not being very pc literate how hard is it, are these spread sheets on line some where?

ben tarrow

evening all, I am a member of a very small club. our rec officer who has done the job for many years wants to stop and I have been asked t do it. I had a quick descusion with him (no time) and he said its just filling n spread sheets… whatever the are , and giving people info on round types..scores ..handicaps etc. not being very pc literate how hard is it, are these spread sheets on line some where?
I'd get a copy of Golden Records from Toxik Software if I were you.
Once set up, you just enter peoples scores (name, round, bowstyle, date and score) and the software keeps track of your members' handicaps, classifications etc
There is a one time small charge.
There is an online version that you pay a subscription for.

Geophys

Yes Golden Records is the way to go without a doubt, does everything you'll ever need including year end calculations. Incredible vale for money.

fbirder

Another vote for Golden Records. Being able to give all club members access to their own records is very handy.

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Excel spreadsheets aren't really difficult, esp if it's already set up for you. I doubt it would be online though as I'm assuming it's be setup for your club. Our records officer still uses pen & paper.

ben tarrow

considering that any archer can have a number of handicaps (compound, recurve, longbow, indoor, outdoor - I make that 6 possibles) that golden records tracks really well, plus all the age/gender/bowstyle categories for records, classifications, 2 x end of year recalculations, junior birthdays etc I'd have thought that would be a fairly complicated spreadsheet

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
considering that any archer can have a number of handicaps (compound, recurve, longbow, indoor, outdoor - I make that 6 possibles) that golden records tracks really well, plus all the age/gender/bowstyle categories for records, classifications, 2 x end of year recalculations, junior birthdays etc I'd have thought that would be a fairly complicated spreadsheet
Missed barebow, that would make it 8.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Golden records - It also tracks birthdays and updates for changes in age categories. I found this one of the best functions with juniors in the club. Not to mention the other stuff already mentioned, like handicap updates, classifications, club records etc. I also like that club members can also access their own performance data from the records.

ben tarrow

Golden records - It also tracks birthdays and updates for changes in age categories. I found this one of the best functions with juniors in the club. Not to mention the other stuff already mentioned, like handicap updates, classifications, club records etc. I also like that club members can also access their own performance data from the records.
Ah, preaching to the converted :)

ben tarrow

you can also run reports.
One we found useful was the handicap allowance report, so when running a handicap shoot, you can get the allowances for the archers.

Modesty permits me to say I was one of the early customers for Golden records and spent sometime back and forth with Toxik reporting bugs and making improvement suggestions, all of which were very quickly sorted out or added.
So, if theres something you think "it would be really good if ..." email them and you might find its included in the next release

jrfrost

Give the online version a look as well, this allows Archers to enter there own scores as well, we are using this at the moment, we only insist on a score sheet sent to the records Officer if a record is claimed.

this frees up a lot time and effort for the records Officer.

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
just an update. we had our agm on thurs and when it came to elect the new committee all eyes turned to me. luckily the cpo said he wanted to do it so i took his job! good thing is as cpo he had nothing to do. thanks for all the replies/ recommendations