Release Aid Wanted

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I am currently using a spigarelli 2000 thumb release with rope, it is OK but I am after a better Release aid, I would like a Four Finger thumb release style, it needs to be closed jaw to fire direct from the 'D' loop, I think if it is a swept beck design that may be better for my hand, a smaller release may be Ok I have smallish hands for a Bloke.

I am after something like a Tru-Ball or a Carter, If you have one you no longer need please PM me with details and costs, I am after second hand as I am on bit of a budget at the moment.

Stace

I haven't got one for sale Paul, but I started using a two finger Carter release and really struggled with it. It felt as if all the tension was on my forefinger and index finger which I didn't like.

Also, the hole was too small and gave me sore knuckles.

I've switched to an Insatiable 2 - 4 finger (after being in the fortunate position of trying it for a few weeks) and it made a hell of a difference.

Can't you get yourself to Quicks and try a few, you don't have to buy and at least then you'll have more of an idea what you're looking for.

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I'm off there tonite to get some trousers so I can do my Comp on Sunday, I will be trying a Bowtech Allegiance while I am there and a release or two, I was after second hand as it is cheaper and I can always re-sell without much loss if I don't like.

EDIT -

Ummmmmmmmm I Tried the Carter Ember 1 wow that was nice, so was the Allegiance real smooth and steady to hold, it was only a 50# bow so would need to try a heavier one, the bow was set to 27" but because the release is so shallow it felt fine, Just need ?250 130 for the release and 120 for some ACC's because the ones I just got will be too short at 25.5" for a 27" draw if I got that release :(.

Last edited: