Replacing Hoyt Super rest with Shibuya Ultima ... any advice?

James P-C

Supporter
Supporter
For ages now I have had a Shibuya rest sitting in my archery bag waiting for me to fit it to my Hoyt Horizon riser ... but every time that I think about doing it, I look at the fairly hefty (maybe 4mm) pad that my plastic super rest is mounted on and as there is no equivalent mounting pad with the magnetic rest I get stuck wondering if I need to replicate the same distance from the riser (as the plunger is set to work with the existing rest) ... or do I just fit the new rest and redo my plunger positioning to keep the same amount of exposed plunger (arrow-side)... TBH I am not sure about any of this, particularly the effect and adjustment that I will need to make to my centreshot setup. Can anyone offer any help? Any advice would be gratefully received!!

jonUK76

The Shibuya arrow rest is adjustable, so it doesn't need a thick pad. The arm can be adjusted for angle and height. The plunger position determines your centre shot (where the arrow sits relative to the string). To keep the same centre shot I would suggest keeping the same plunger setting and fitting the new rest, and adjusting the arm angle so the arrow sits on it, but that no part of the rest sticks out beyond the arrow.

James P-C

Supporter
Supporter
The Shibuya arrow rest is adjustable, so it doesn't need a thick pad. The arm can be adjusted for angle and height. The plunger position determines your centre shot (where the arrow sits relative to the string). To keep the same centre shot I would suggest keeping the same plunger setting and fitting the new rest, and adjusting the arm angle so the arrow sits on it, but that no part of the rest sticks out beyond the arrow.
Your plunger position shouldn't need to be changed.
Thanks for the responses so far ... very helpful.