[Horsebow] RH Thumb Draw pulling to the right

i32547

i don't get any email notifications with this forum for some reason...

Riceburner, the pain/discomfort on your thumb is something you will strengthen through hopefully with more and more thumbdraw shooting. it can be considered normal to experience this pain/discomfort on the "line" where you have described that you are sitting the string on, and a "numbness" feeling above it on the top digit of thumb. i'm not to sure what you mean about experiencing pain on the nail...

ChakaZulu

The pain in the nail is from the pressure of the locking finger. Press your index finger as hard as you can against the thumb nail as if really locking hard.
Riceburner, try to hold more with thumb strength...

Riceburner

The pain in the nail is from the pressure of the locking finger. Press your index finger as hard as you can against the thumb nail as if really locking hard.
Riceburner, try to hold more with thumb strength...
ok - so the draw weight should be held by the thumb, with the lock finger merely to 'assist', and prevent accidental release?

ChakaZulu

To take the pressure off the index finger, try increasing he pressure of the tip of the thumb against the middle finger. The index can basically just lie slack across the thumb if the thumb tip is really pressed hard into the middle finger (little-, ring- and middle fingers should be curled up as though making a fist).