Score tracking application

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Glad we're nearly there, Berk.

I've been trying to pin the number keypad issue down and it seems to be something to do with certain devices (so not even an Android/browser thing which would normally be somewhat straightforward to work around).

I really don't like having to do it but I think the only universal solution (without coding up a custom widget) is to present the normal keyboard. This would force everyone to navigate to the numbers each time but its preferable to having a non-working keypad. It may be an adequate short-term fix.

Tim

Wheeltrax

Berk, am I right in thinking you're on an android device (like me)?
If so have you experimented with different browsers?
For me Firefox was the only one that displayed everything correctly.

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
I've just released an update which presents the default keyboard rather than a numerical keypad when entering sightmarks. This is far from ideal but hopefully addresses the issues some users are having with (mostly Samsung) Android devices. Its a short term fix while I ponder a better solution.

Many thanks to Berk for bringing it to my attention!
Tim

craigey

Are there any plans for the practice mode to save my default practice settings? If I switch from a Portsmouth to a practice I have to enter all of the Practice details again (face size, distance, arrows per end etc), but all of my practices are at the same place, so will nearly always be the same settings. I do like being able to change the options for the practice, like when I'm shooting somewhere other than the club.
It's not a biggie, but when changing I tend to forget to change the face size or the distance from yards to Meters.

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Hi Craigey: yes indeed - this will be included in an imminent update (hopefully today) which also adds controls to enable compound indoor scoring (ie X=10) for any arbitrary practice round (alongside the current capability for competition rounds).

cheers
Tim

Berk

Hey Tim.

Just thought I'd post and let you know that at the moment everything is working great for me now, both with the standard keyboard and swift key.
One thing I did find the other day was that while I was shooting a Portsmouth I put in an end, then called the score to my wife to write down so it could go to the club and realised that I'd had a brain fart and put the arrows as 7, 7, 5, when I'd actually scored 8, 8, 5. By the time I'd realised this I'd already moved the app to the next end and couldn't go back and adjust it. Not a big deal as the scores I submitted to the club were accurate, but slightly annoying for my own record keeping.

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Hey Tim.

Just thought I'd post and let you know that at the moment everything is working great for me now, both with the standard keyboard and swift key.
One thing I did find the other day was that while I was shooting a Portsmouth I put in an end, then called the score to my wife to write down so it could go to the club and realised that I'd had a brain fart and put the arrows as 7, 7, 5, when I'd actually scored 8, 8, 5. By the time I'd realised this I'd already moved the app to the next end and couldn't go back and adjust it. Not a big deal as the scores I submitted to the club were accurate, but slightly annoying for my own record keeping.
Hi Berk, thanks for the feedback - I'm currently working a fairly major update for the mobile app which will include a scoresheet feature. This will enable you to view your scores in the traditional way and, by tapping an end, go back and edit the plots.

Hopefully I'll have this ready by end of the week...

Thanks again
Tim

Berk

That sounds good, I look forwards to the update. I'm loving the app though, the ability to see the grouping is brilliant for a new archer like me, it forced me to realise that my 'good' shots that were going in the gold were actually the outliers that were too high. From last week's efforts where I scored 395 on a Portsmouth, the groupings let me adjust my sights properly and this week I scored 503 (or 501 due to my brainfart :)), and I can see that my sights were still slightly off so hopefully next time I shoot I can get them even closer.

SiKirk

Would be nice to allow ends of up to 12 arrows when in practise mode. I often shoot higher number of arrows when I'm practising.

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Hi SiKirk - yes this has been floated earlier, and its in the queue for development.

I'm away on holiday until 10th April, and have a few features, fixes and enhancements I'd like to get in front of the test team when I get back. Once those are OK'd I'll be working on the arbitrary arrow counts for practice sessions.

Thanks again for your input - much appreciated.

Tim

dave lpb

I have used this app the last few days and have to say it is brilliant, I am liking it a lot.

There are only a few thing that I personally find missing, these are:
1) The ability to add your PBs to the site (as have it say I have shot a new PB when I haven't).
2) Double & Half rounds E.G. Double Portsmouth, Half Portsmouth, Double Worcester etc).

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Thanks for the feedback, dave lpb, and apologies for the delay in response (life getting in the way!). The application currently works out PB's automatically from the uploaded shoots - can you describe the circumstances where you'd override that, per your first point?

Just for info, I'm currently working on the long-awaited scorecard feature which will operate like a typical scoresheet, allowing users to view the shoot in whole and edit/adjust scores etc. Once I've got that out to the current testers (and depending on their feedback), I'll be putting xringscoring.com into public beta.

In the meantime, I'm keen to get as many users testing it as possible so if you're at all interested in using xringscoring, please get in touch either by email (support _at_ xringscoring.com) or via PM.

Thanks
Tim

dave lpb

Sorry am just being a little bit picky as like to be able to see a list of my PBs & to then be told that I have beat it. I have another scoring app that has a feature like this where when u first use it u type in all of ur PBs & they are stored & then when u shoot that round again & get a better score it tells u u have shot a new PB.

I suppose its just me being lazy really lol.

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Ah OK, understood (and obvious now you describe it!) - you basically want to input your previous best scores for a given round (prior to uploads into xringscoring)...I will put this on the list!

thanks dave and apologies for being thick!

Tim

dave lpb

I don't know if you know but there are a few rounds missing from the round list. Two that I can definatly say are missing are the New Warwick (2doz 100yrds, 2doz 80yrds) and Long Warwick (2doz 80yrds, 2doz 60yrds). Only noticed as shot these rounds tonight. It's a shame there not on the list as have a tournament with these rounds this weekend :-(

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
I don't know if you know but there are a few rounds missing from the round list. Two that I can definatly say are missing are the New Warwick (2doz 100yrds, 2doz 80yrds) and Long Warwick (2doz 80yrds, 2doz 60yrds). Only noticed as shot these rounds tonight. It's a shame there not on the list as have a tournament with these rounds this weekend :-(
Good catch, sir! These are in now. Just open and close the mobile app a couple of times for it to refresh...I'll make a check on the list of rounds to find any stragglers.

Good luck this weekend!

Tim

Big

It would be great to see field faces for practise rounds. Even if the colours are not right!

big

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
I've just released a new version of the mobile app with the long-awaited scorecard and edit features!

Here's the scorecard showing a Gents FITA. Pretty basic but provides the important info, I hope.
scorecard.jpg

Tapping one of the ends already shot will take the user to the end edit view which provides a means to update the scores for that end:

editPlot.jpg

Notice all the messages go red when editing. Go back to the scorecard to commit the changes and continue scoring...

I've also incorporated a couple of fixes for Android users (although these go out untested - I'll be in touch with the beta testers for some feedback on those).

And - just to repeat, if anyone would like to join the beta test please get in touch via pm or email: support _at_ xringscoring.com

Thanks all
Tim

craigey

On my iphone 3GS the scorecard seems to be broken. I click on the scorecard icon & get the two buttons 'back' and 'continue shoot', but when clicking either button they take me back to the target face screen and these buttons remain on the screen. I cant see the other usual options & have to reload / refresh the app to continue.