Scoresheet Generator

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
As part of my slow and protracted rebuild of xringscoring, I have need to generate scoresheets dynamically (these are for display on the main site after completing a shoot).

I've extracted the Javascript into a library and have made the generator available on a test page here: https://xringscoring.github.io/xrs_scoresheets/

The idea here is that you can create scoresheets for the rounds listed and print them out via the browser's Print menu, scaling the output appropriately for the page size.

Laying out scoresheets is not trivial, and no doubt every archer has their favourite format but this generator suits my own requirements. I'm not really asking for/expecting comment but if there's anything glaringly messed up I'll happily change it.

It is a work in progress (expect bugs) and liable to change at any time but feel free to use it and tell your fellow archers if you find it useful.

Tim

buckcs

Hi Tim,

I think Frostbites are usually shot in 6's rather than 3's (at least they are at my club), and DOZ = Dozen might be easier for general use rather than S = Row summary score. Other than that it looks good to me.

Chris

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Thanks Chris - you're right re Frostbites and I agree, DOZ would make more sense, except where there are < 12 cells in the row (eg indoor rounds, in which case HALF DOZ would work, except when there are 5-arrow ends, eg Worcester....).

The xringscoring app also allows users to override the shots per end (depending on round, shoot 4- or 9-arrow ends for example) so there is an additional complication...on reflection I think 'S' works for those disparate scenarios but will think on it some more!

Cheers

Tim

Last edited:

Corax67

Hi Tim,

I think Frostbites are usually shot in 6's rather than 3's (at least they are at my club), and DOZ = Dozen might be easier for general use rather than S = Row summary score. Other than that it looks good to me.

Chris

We shoot Frostbite in 3's as do most clubs I've guest shot at

Karl

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Thanks Karl.

I'll be adding controls to override shots per end (as enabled in the 'actual' app). Those who prefer to shoot 6-arrow-end Frostbites, or 12-arrow end Portsmouths or 6-arrow ends at 50m/30m in a WA1440 for example can make the adjustment as required.

Tim