Scottish Field Archery Championships

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Been hearing rumours that the next Scottish Field Archery Championships will be held at Palacerigg rather than Oban? :unsure:

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
at the Country Park?? It'll be easier to get to compared to Oban, though I did love my trip up there a couple of years ago.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Yep. It is just a rumour, though, but it's doing the rounds. I was wondering if anybody could confirm our kill the rumour.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Palacerigg have put it on their club facebook page that their bid for the event has been successful.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
There's something not right. Palacerigg isn't AGB. I think somebody's seen the Facebook post and read the wrong meaning into it.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Not doubting the post but I'm thinking that maybe it's the SFAA Scottish Field Archery Championships rather than the AGB Scottish Field Archery Championships, and that somebody read the post and misinterpreted it.

jangiolini

Hi folks just to clear things up. I am Course Captain at Palacerigg Field Archers we are SFAA not AGB and we are hosting the SFAC 2021. We have recently increased our course from 14 to 28 targets.
Hope this clears things up.

John Angiolini
Course Captain
Palacerigg Field Archers
SFAA Club Director

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Thanks, I figured that was what was going on, but thanks for confirming it. It looks like some people have added two and two and got five.