Scottish Government Lockdown Ideas Page

Riceburner

I would suggest that the majority of popular outdoor sports are more at risk. Either because players come into physical contact (rugby, football), or multiple players handle the same equipment (tennis, cricket), or use a common changing rooms; not to mention the fact that these sports want to resume on a professional level because they require money from spectators to be profitable, which in turn brings people together, even if they're watching these sports on tvs because they actual venues are closed doors.

Whereas the majority of archers travel to venues by themselves, or with members of the same household, only need to handle their own equipment, and if it can be decided before registration who is going to be scoring, even the scorecard need only be handled by one (or two in the case of double scoring) person.

Saying all that, I don't think there's any need for us to rush back, if the outdoor tournaments restart this side of July I'll be surprised.
Not sure about you - but i'm damned sure I can't pull my arrows with touching the boss.....

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Not sure about you - but i'm damned sure I can't pull my arrows with touching the boss.....
You could wear gloves just to pull the arrows. A pair of Marigolds might even make it easier. Just don't pull them off with your teeth :rolleyes:

Nictrix

You could wear gloves just to pull the arrows. A pair of Marigolds might even make it easier. Just don't pull them off with your teeth :rolleyes:
You dont have to touch the boss to pull the arrows, just the paper target.
Put your own target up and then its only you who is touching it.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Or put your elbow to the target instead of your hand... or wash your hands once you finish shooting...

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
If its 20 seconds to wash hands what is the recommendation for elbows
Probably the same (or hand sanitizer)... but unless you're planning on licking your elbow you're at less risk of then touching your face with it until you can ;)

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I tried but found that the marmalade could not be licked off directly. I didn't give up though. I used my right hand to rub the marmalade off my left elbow, then licked the marmalade off my right hand. I discovered also that I could get the marmalade off my right elbow using my left hand in a similar way. For some reason, it tasted better when licked from my left hand.

Riceburner

I tried but found that the marmalade could not be licked off directly. I didn't give up though. I used my right hand to rub the marmalade off my left elbow, then licked the marmalade off my right hand. I discovered also that I could get the marmalade off my right elbow using my left hand in a similar way. For some reason, it tasted better when licked from my left hand.
That's the 'spice' variant of covid-19.

(this is a JOKE - I do not wish any illness on anyone!)