Serving/String twists

Rhys

AIUK Saviour
Hi there, I keep reading things about strings having to be twisted in different directions for right/left handed archers and/or the serving twisted in the same direction as the string.

I was wondering if someone could clarify for me, does it depend on handedness or do they just have to be the same?

To make things simpler, describe directions as looking down the string from the top and serving from the top down :)

Also has anyone had much experience with the beiter nock point, going to try and serve one in later.

Rhys

AIUK Saviour
Thanks very much, i'll have to do advanced searches and look harder before asking in future :)

Roduk

String twist and serving

String twist and serving
Righthanders Clockwise
Southpaws Anticlockwise

so the draw and release always has a tightening tendancy.

r

Rhys

AIUK Saviour
Of course if you twist a string in the middle it tightens on one side and loosens on the other side. (What i've learnt from reading around and why i asked the question in the first place)

As far as i can tell (and from what ive found on here and at saggi from some very respectable people) as long as the serving and twists are done in the correct way together, it doesnt matter which way a string is for left/right handers.

Kae

The American
American Shoot
If you want to move your nocking point down, put more twists in the bottom of the string and vice versa.
Also works if you've got too many twists in one end of the string.

Kae.