SF Forged Plus Magnetic rest

clbr16685

Does anyone know if the magnetic rest that comes with SF Forged Plus riser is any good ?

A couple of people have told me not to use it but no explanation why.

I am newbie and have been told to use Hoyt Super Rest.

Corax67

Lots of people use them at our club as it seems to be the riser of choice and no one has binned one yet, changed one or complained of issues.

Admittedly all these users have been shooting only 6-18 months but that would be long enough to show up problems I would have thought.

Two of our Under 14's and two Under 16's are shooting over Bowman scores on this riser/rest/button combo.

Many threads on here about the Hoyt super rest - often said that if World champions use them they must be good & whisker helps keep arrow on rest - but why not try the supplied one and see what happens.

Karl

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Nothing wrong with it. At the end of the day, all a rest has to do is hold the arrow in the same place each time, flick out the way as the fletchings pass it and then reset itself. The SF one will do all of those.

Mormegil

There isn't much adustability in them - you can move them up and down and that's about it. If you don't want the wire poking out past the arrow you'll need to bend it or cut it. Apart from that, they're fine.

cweg

The SF rest of my sons forged+ broke after three weeks, just in the beginning of a competition. We fixed it with super glue and then changed to a Spigarelli ZT. Best you can get for ? 20,-