Shibuya Ultima CPX Compound Sight question

Parky900

Hi , A while ago I bought a Shibuya Ultima CPX II Compound Sight. It came with a small black block about 2cm x 3cm and bit less than 1cm thick.
It has a lot of holes in it ( for lightness ? ) two of them threaded which don't line up with any holes in the sight or riser. I did not use it because the sight fitted and worked perfectly well without it. I recently came across it again and am just wondering what it is for ? Any ideas ?

Parky900

Probably the offset mounting block. Watch end of this video from 4.27...
That's definitely it ! but for the life of me I cant see how it fits because none of the holes line up with the bolt holes in the riser , or the sight block . Just as well that I don't need it.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
There must be someone here who knows. From what I remember, it's been a while, it goes between the verticle scale and the extension bar. It's not fitted to the riser I think :)

Geophys2

AIUK Saviour
I switched from Shibuya sights to Axcel some years ago, when adding one to an older Hoyt compound for field archery I had to use the Axcel offset block between the scope mount and the extension bar as @KidCurry said, as the riser was relatively thin and meant that I couldn't get sufficient windage with the larger AV41 scope. The Axcel block looks a bit more sophisticated than the Shibuya, but I'm guessing achieves the same result.

Sight offset.jpg