Shooting with a glove

wully

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Does this mean you can?t shoot with a glove??

From World Archery Rules.

An anchor plate or similar device attached to the finger protection (tab) for the purpose of anchoring is not permitted. The bow must be shot using the "Mediterranean" loose (one finger above the arrow nock) or fingers directly below the arrow nock (index finger no more than 2 mm below nock), with one fixed anchor point. The athlete must choose either Mediterranean or fingers under nock, but may not use both. Finger protection when shooting with fingers under the nock must have a continuous surface or connected surface, with no ability to shoot split finger. When using the Mediterranean loose a separator between the fingers to prevent pinching the arrow may be used.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
the paragraph above reads:

"Finger protection in the form of finger tape, shooting glove (wrist strap allowed), finger tab or a combination of finger protection to draw and release the bowstring is permitted, provided they do not incorporate any device that assists the athlete to draw and release the bowstring."

highlighting is mine

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
OK, I see that you've pulled that from the Instinctive Bow division of the rule book. In that case the above paragraph reads:

"Finger protection in the form of finger stalls or tips, gloves, or shooting tab or tape, to draw and release the string is permitted, provided they do not incorporate any device that shall assist the athlete to draw and release the string. Markings added by the athlete, whether or not uniform in size, shape and color are not permitted in the instinctive division."

which is slightly different to my first post (which was for recurve)

wully

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
But it also says

“Finger protection when shooting with fingers under the nock must have a continuous surface or connected surface, with no ability to shoot split finger”

Which a glove does and is confusing and contradictory.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
well, looking at photos from the last WA world champs they're wearing gloves... Robion 2017 Day 2, when in doubt, go with that

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Can I take this quote and show it to the judges? Ah, no. “No electronic devices allowed on the course”
that's ok... because you'll only need it to get through equipment inspection ;)