Shortening Ace's

stafkoi

Hi All
I know that ace,s should be cut from both ends when they need Shortening, my question is how would it effect the arrow if it was only cut from the front? Were talking 1 or 2 inch difference at the most.
Thanks for your time.
John

ThomVis

I know that ace,s should be cut from both ends when they need Shortening
No they shouldn't. Only cut from the front. From the Easton FAQ:
DO X-10?, X10 PROTOUR? OR A/C/E? SHAFTS HAVE A MAXIMUM CUT AMOUNT?

The X-10, X10 Protour, and ACE shafts have a maximum recommendation for the amount that you may cut off the front of the arrow. Due to the barrel design of the shaft, you are only able to cut a certain amount from the shaft. Each individual spine size is different in the amount that you may cut. Exceeding the max cut amount will expose carbon and this could lead to damaging the arrow. Go to the target arrow guide to find your model and spine size to determine how much you may cut from the front of the shaft.
From the ACE product page:
4. Recommended that no more than these lengths be cut from the front of the shaft.
No mention to cut from the back.

4d4m

No they shouldn't. Only cut from the front. From the Easton FAQ:

From the ACE product page:

No mention to cut from the back.
But you could interpret that two ways:
1. Only cut from the front, no more than X amount
2. When cutting from the front, do not cut more than X amount (i.e. cutting from the back is fine, and has no max length to worry about)

I don't know which is the case but I would suspect that if they weren't supposed to be cut from the back at all, they would specify "do not cut from the back".

stafkoi

Thanks for the replys gents, I won't be cutting from the back, don't think there's any need for the amount that needs too come off.
Cheers