Show us your Field/Hunting bow

BorderBows

We have a thread on ILF target bows. where you can show others your border bow, but ive been asked a couple of times for a Field bow space.
Since we have One peice, and Takedows in the recurve department, and Flatbows of different types in another...
They dont have to be new.

SO, Who us your border bow...

one simple rule to keep in line with AIUK rules. (no pictures of anything dead, Hunting in the UK is illegal)

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
here's my field bow:

21" ILF Black Douglas riser, with Long 32# TXG limbs

Riser is Heritage Midnight & Cocobolo, complete with horn overlay on the front.

Uller

The American
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
My Black Douglas ILF with Hex5W's

Img_0075.jpg

...And my stupidly camouflaged arrows

zog

Uller,

What color do they call your riser? Midnght? It matches the sides of the limb butts. Very nice setup.

rusty craine

i'll have to figure out what size picture I can post.

My hunting bow is a 62" Hawk 45#@28". Actual it is Prototype #2. I gap off the riser and the Hawk put me right on the dot at hunting ranges.
Texas is famous for it's Red Tailed Hawks. the bow fits right in. You can also find it on the 3D range. I f my shooting buddies ever find out about the sight window and been aiming all this time, it won't be good :)

ps I post a pick soon as I can find the specs on graphics

hiltja

Border Super Reiver ? my personal experience

First a short introduction to my history with Border Bows

Border is well known to me for its premium Bows/Limbs. My first contact with Border has
been with a aprox. 25 years old Mirage MK2/34lbs@28?
Really impressive to me has been the handling. Nothing keeps you from focussing on the point of aim.
The arrows flew like pulled by a string, at high but not extreme speed
When the possibility to get hold of a Border product occurred, I got myself
Talisman Gold TX40 (Serial Nr. 3394LSF od 339415F ??) 38lbs@28? limbs.
The combination with an average ILF-Riser is quite functional and well working
I have no idea if this 70? bow is the best for my drawlength of 28?, nevertheless
he is forgiving and non spine-sensitive.
This experiences led me to buy a Super Reiver 62? 54lbs@28? Hex5W. Thanks to (one or both?) Sid(s) for the help and for guiding me
to the right bow
As assumed the bow has a perfect smooth surface finish and a fantastic shape, even unstringed.
No picture of mine can come up to the real impression of this bow.
Next steps were nocking point and tuning the arrows as usual. I found two arrow combinations working for me.

Resume: a phantastic piece of craftmenship, you can almost feel the know how in your hand. The bow helps aiming and even finding the anchor.
This is not quite usual with 54lbs Bows. The wide possible range of spines, no vibrations and the trajectory is quite similar to
my ILF Bow and SF Carbon Foam limbs (42lbs@28?) with light weighted arrows for distances up to 30 metres, even with the heavy arrow.

To complete the picture: Border Super Reiver Hex5W is the Audi A6 allroad 3.0 TDI within the Bows I know.
But a new question arises: this is Hex5, so how much better will the Hex6 (HexX -:)) work?

HEX-5 W all Shedua
54#@28"
BL 62"
Sehne 60" 16 String fl?misch FF
BH 7,25-8" now 7,75"

Arrow#1
Carbon Express Mayhem Hunter 250 L= 29"
Vanes 5" Shield
Nocke und Collar original
Insert 40gn Top Hat
Spitze 125gn Top Hat
454gn

Arrow#2
Carbon Express Mayhem Hunter 550 L= 29"
Vanes 5,5" Saubuckel
Insert 80gn (Brass handmade) +15gn
Spitze 100gn Top Hat
513gn

hiltja

Border Super Reiver ? my personal experience

First a short introduction to my history with Border Bows

Border is well known to me for its premium Bows/Limbs. My first contact with Border has
been with a aprox. 25 years old Mirage MK2/34lbs@28?
Really impressive to me has been the handling. Nothing keeps you from focussing on the point of aim.
The arrows flew like pulled by a string, at high but not extreme speed
When the possibility to get hold of a Border product occurred, I got myself
Talisman Gold TX40 (Serial Nr. 3394LSF od 339415F ??) 38lbs@28? limbs.
The combination with an average ILF-Riser is quite functional and well working
I have no idea if this 70? bow is the best for my drawlength of 28?, nevertheless
he is forgiving and non spine-sensitive.
This experiences led me to buy a Super Reiver 62? 54lbs@28? Hex5W. Thanks to (one or both?) Sid(s) for the help and for guiding me
to the right bow
As assumed the bow has a perfect smooth surface finish and a fantastic shape, even unstringed.
No picture of mine can come up to the real impression of this bow.
Next steps were nocking point and tuning the arrows as usual. I found two arrow combinations working for me.

Resume: a phantastic piece of craftmenship, you can almost feel the know how in your hand. The bow helps aiming and even finding the anchor.
This is not quite usual with 54lbs Bows. The wide possible range of spines, no vibrations and the trajectory is quite similar to
my ILF Bow and SF Carbon Foam limbs (42lbs@28?) with light weighted arrows for distances up to 30 metres, even with the heavy arrow.

To complete the picture: Border Super Reiver Hex5W is the Audi A6 allroad 3.0 TDI within the Bows I know.
But a new question arises: this is Hex5, so how much better will the Hex6 (HexX -:)) work?

HEX-5 W all Shedua
54#@28"
BL 62"
Sehne 60" 16 String fl?misch FF
BH 7,25-8" now 7,75"

Arrow#1
Carbon Express Mayhem Hunter 250 L= 29"
Vanes 5" Shield
Insert 40gn Top Hat
Spitze 125gn Top Hat
454gn

Arrow#2
Carbon Express Mayhem Hunter 550 L= 29"
Vanes 5,5" Saubuckel
Insert 80gn (Brass handmade) +15gn
Spitze 100gn Top Hat
513gn

scribblyfig

Border reiver, 62" 60lb at 28 inch beautiful rich cocobolo riser and ash limbs. photos to come when I find out how to post em!..forum newb :cheerful: