Sight mounted clickers

nbuuifx

My daughter's arrows are a little long for a few reasons:

They are slightly stiff, so keeping them long keeps them in tune better.
She keeps growing!

Anyway - she is currently using a sight block mounted clicker which goes diagonally forward - it works and does the job but makes packing the bow away awkward. The bow can't be put away with the thin wire clicker sticking out like that. If you loosen the bolt and push it back, then it is difficult to get back to the same point as there are no reference marks. A line marked diagonally on the arm that holds it is the best I can do but a tiny amount out to that causes a big difference. I've already had to drill out the hole in it too and tap a new thread as the old one went and you could no longer tighten the little allen bolt.

So I was looking at the ones that actually mount on the sight extension bar. My daughter only ever uses one setting on the horizontal (it is always all the way out - so that is a constant) - It would be easier to mark the extension or to use the numbers / marks that are already on it. Being a fraction out on the horizontal extension would relate to the same tiny amount out at the arrow too.

So I think I've convinced myself to order one but which one?

I like the look of the blade style NIKA one on ebay at £21 but have never heard of them as an archery manufacturer.

The alternative is an Avalon one for about £11, but it is a wire type.

Ebay Link for the blade style: 1XArchery Arrow Clicker Magnetic Mounted on Bow Sight Adjustable for Recurve Bow | eBay

Alternative archery link for the wire style: Avalon Classic Magnetic Clicker - Sight Extender | Alternative - Archery Shop > Clickers > Clickers (alternativess.com)

If both were a known make to me, I'd get the blade style more expensive one, but I almost feel like that one is the cheapy one out of the two but at twice the price :D

Has anyone used these?
Which would you go for?

Thanks

Corax67

We have several of the second (wire) type at club which work well, are robust and reliable.

If it were me I’d go for that one.

Corax67

They are really good for two reasons -

The magnet is surprisingly strong for its size

The brass weight ensures a positive swing down onto the magnet and it’s mass inhibits any bounce too

nbuuifx

They are really good for two reasons -

The magnet is surprisingly strong for its size

The brass weight ensures a positive swing down onto the magnet and it’s mass inhibits any bounce too
Thanks, I've ordered one of those. It was out of stock at Alternative, but was in stock for a few pence more at Custom Built.