Single nocking point

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Putting the arrow below a single nock has a tendency to rest the arrow on the bottom finger, which has a tendency (in some) to lift the arrow... resulting in high right shots (for right handed archers) as they can lift the arrow onto the button with nasty effects :D

It works for some, but not for everyone... have fun!

LineCutter

Ditto, but more so, for nocking above the point. There's only one finger above so the string pinch makes contact with the top of the arrow near inevitable.

cliveanne

Ironman
Murray - 14/10/2005 8:40 PM Putting the arrow below a single nock has a tendency to rest the arrow on the bottom finger, which has a tendency (in some) to lift the arrow... resulting in high right shots (for right handed archers) as they can lift the arrow onto the button with nasty effects :D It works for some, but not for everyone... have fun!

*Point taken, as the only archer in my club who uses a single noc point, what you say has never come up before. That is something worth remembering. :)

Also I take*on board,*the arrow above the point. Although I have never come across anyone who has done this :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

doubletop

nocking points

i am a compound shooter and i shoot with two nock points but nock points are easy to put on the string i have done it myself and i would be considered a newbie as well so if u want two nock points on ure bow put another one on or find a freindly archer who will do it for u its all down to personal opinion and ure style of shooting i have found if u are confident in ure kit and set up u will be more relaxed and shoot better

T

TimCroot

I have removed the 2 brass rings (open for some replies there!!) and put on cord and glued them in place, bow is sounding better and ths arrows are grouping better, may be the speeding up of ther string helps?

Try it out and what have you got to loose:)

forgot to say im using a beiter rest and dont need to move the nocking points once set

Last edited: