Soma Saker 1 finger spacer issues

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Has anyone else had problems with the finger spacers on saker 1's falling apart? I have had three now where the brass thread has come out of the spacer. Have tried fletching glue, super glue and Araldite to glue them back in, but they just don't hold....
Not too much of an issue as The archery Shop sell them fir a few quid each, but just wondering if its a common problem.... I'm fairly sure I don't put any pressure on the spacer, apart from squeezing it between my index and middle fingers..

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
My bet is you put more pressure on than you think. I gave up on the saker spacer because it kept twisting. Back to something with more than one fixing point.

Geophys2

AIUK Saviour
I have four of them on my different tabs, two for Field and two for longbow, the longbow ones are on Saker 2 tabs with the Field ones on W&W EZ tabs, I have used them for about four years hard with never a problem, to me they are unbeatable as a finger separator perfect profile and fit. They get put in an out of pouches and even stuffed into pockets and the brass fitting has never moved. Are you sure you are not tightening them too much?

They do a number of different styles, this is the type I use, the thickest one they do 16mm.

fivics_tab_saker_II_5_0.jpg

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Yep, thats the one, except my current ones are blue if I remember correctly...

I don't think I am over tightening them, but maybe... Will fit the new ones and just nip them up enough to prevent them swivelling on the attachment point..

modernlongbow

A ring finger loop of beaded wash chain helps prevent tab squirm. The loop should be snug, and the beads allow the archer to roll the loop into place.

ThomVis

I've acquired some rubber plates about 12mm thick and cut&filed my own finger spacers from it. Drilled a hole through it to put a 4mm bolt in and attach it to the tab backplate. They never came lose.