Some arrows going left.

LAC Mark

The last two session I've had some of my arrows going left, in the black/blue when most are red/gold (WA18 round).
It's about 1 in 6 arrows, I didn't feel that I did anything wrong, we all know when it was us.
I suspect the pressure button my need replacing, as may be jamming up and pushing the arrow left, does this sound right ?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
When you push it with your fingers, does it feel gritty or unusually stiff?

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Possibly. Most likely is release technique but a quick test of the button is to take he spring out and put in a matchstick to lock the button. If all arrows go left in the black/blue you are probably right about it.

LAC Mark

Possibly. Most likely is release technique but a quick test of the button is to take he spring out and put in a matchstick to lock the button. If all arrows go left in the black/blue you are probably right about it.
I normally know when I have a bad release, on these shots all felt good.
I'll try the matchstick test on Friday and report back, thank you.

The button is a spig micro click (my second as the first one developed a notchy feel) I think the next one will be a Beiter.
I need to sort this quick as I have a comp on Sunday and can only shoot Friday night to get it right.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Just to check: Do you wear a chest guard and arm bracer? Usually when archers ask me why they get the odd flyer the answer is they don't (most often chest guard) and the string is catching clothing.

LAC Mark

Well I checked my button, and it wasn't not moving consistently, as in not always returning to the fully out position or moving freely.
I'd tightened the grub screw up to much last time I adjusted the centre shot, so my fault.

Lets see how Friday nights practice goes.

LAC Mark

Just to check: Do you wear a chest guard and arm bracer? Usually when archers ask me why they get the odd flyer the answer is they don't (most often chest guard) and the string is catching clothing.
TT you're right about string catching clothing, I noticed that the club badge on my top interferes with my string, I got around it with careful positioning but will get a chest guard.