Source string materials?

chuffalump

I'm thinking of making my own strings after getting frustrated with most of the online string ordering systems. It looks like the choice of colors in the UK is fairly limited. Am I missing somewhere? Where do you get yours? BCY do an 8125G in Dark Cherry but none of my standard archery retailers stock it. Anyone know of a place in the UK who does the full range?

I'm just toying with the idea at the moment since my club has a string jig just begging to be used.

Grum

Got my current ones custom made from quicks colour choice didn't appear too bad. Might be worth giving them a call.

sent via a trained ferret with a back pack.

chuffalump

Aye. Quicks had one of the better online ordering tools. Definitely my next port of call for a complete string but it was the raw materials that seemed limited in a lot of shops. Just wondered if there was somewhere I was missing. Or if people just order from the US if they have their heart set on a particular colour.

D

Deleted member 22727

Why not just drop your preferred shop a quick line asking if they can source the colour/material you're after. If they're stocking part of the range then they should be able to get hold of the rest of the range for you. It may mean you to wait a bit longer for the complete delivery but I've taken this approach before in order to avoid having to get things from multiple companies and therefore multiple postage costs. Most of the UK suppliers are relatively small operations and quite amenable to trying to help the customers.

Tuck

As there are 50+ colours available they cannot keep all in stock, megadyptes way seems likely to work! just call likely shops to tag on the next order.

Eat, Drink, Shoot, Enjoy.