Spectators!!!

Furface

Supporter
From the BBC Cricket reporting
"Having taken a more discretionary stance on previous days, yesterday the stewards for the Upper Mound stand banned the wearing of short trousers. This prompted a run on every trouser in NW8. A charity shop round the corner did a roaring business, and so did the Lord's shop."
This is at Lord's - the Home of Archery! At least the confused dress code of GNAS never extended to spectators!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Full body armour is in the pipeline. It would have been in place by the Olympics, but someone confused chain mail and Royal Mail.

Nightimer

Pathetic !!
Has anyone explained to these idiots that its the 21st century,the bar stewards do love chucking their weight about.

C

Compound10

Isn't the mound stand the members stand. If so the MCC has strict dress code.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Furface

Supporter
Isn't the mound stand the members stand. If so the MCC has strict dress code.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
I don't think it is members only - that might just be the pavilion. In any case, the dress code is"Smart/Casual, with no jeans or trainers". It makes the old "tailored shorts" sound positively modern!

Craftsman

Having seen some of the spectators at the Olympics, I believe that there should be a dress code instigated!

Don't some of these people look in the mirror before they leave home?

As for those who bend over and show their bicycle parking bays,,,well, words fail me!:jaw-dropp