Spig ZT bolt hex size?

freebooter

I received a Spig ZT rest today. The problem is none of my hex keys fit the bolt that fixes the rest to the riser. It looks like it should be a 5mm but that won't fit and a 4mm is much too small.

Could someone confirm what size key should before I contact the supplier and say that the bolt sent with the rest is misshapen.

thanks

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Are you sure that you don't just need an imperial key? A lot of archery equipment does use imperial nuts, bolts and screws.

freebooter

Sorry, I did mean to say that I had tried some imperial keys and couldn't find one to fit. Unfortunately my collection of obsolete tools is incomplete so if it is an Imperial one I could be missing that size. That was one of the reasons I was hoping someone who had one could confirm what size key it needs.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
You really need a set of metric and imperial Allen keys to work on your bow. A lot of the threads on the riser are by standard UNC/UNF due to American influence on the sport and you need imperial tools to work on them. However minor parts could be metric or imperial depending upon the country of origin / whim of the designer.

Get yourself a set of both imperial and metric keys, it'll be some of the cheapest archery kit that you buy.