SPIGARELLI CARBON 30 SIGHT

Laurie

I haven't found this on the forum, so may I ask, has anyone any experience of this sight, and would be happy to share their thoughts??

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I haven't found this on the forum, so may I ask, has anyone any experience of this sight, and would be happy to share their thoughts??
I used one for several years. It's a good enough sight, but there are some quirks...
leaving aside the issues common to sights with the track at the handle end, the one thing I really had to beware of was the sight block "self adjusting". The vibration of the shot can cause the sight block to shift backwards or forwards along the bar, as it's only held by friction.
Adding a shim to the block to allow it to be tightened a bit harder largely eliminated that.

Note: I believe there have been at least a couple of different versions of this sight. My comments apply to one with a square profile sight extension and not the triangular one I've also seen.

Whitehart

I used one for several years. It's a good enough sight, but there are some quirks...
leaving aside the issues common to sights with the track at the handle end, the one thing I really had to beware of was the sight block "self adjusting". The vibration of the shot can cause the sight block to shift backwards or forwards along the bar, as it's only held by friction.
Adding a shim to the block to allow it to be tightened a bit harder largely eliminated that.

Note: I believe there have been at least a couple of different versions of this sight. My comments apply to one with a square profile sight extension and not the triangular one I've also seen.
The latest version has a screw - it cannot move.

Laurie

That's the one I have. Thank you all for your feedback......
Apart from the fact that it wasn't too......expensive, I liked the idea of the track on the riser and just the rod and sight out in the breeze. Everything seemed??? to lock securely with nice course or fine sight adjustment on ratchets....?
I have found that the thing about bits coming loose a problem on a couple of sites I've had, not super posh ones, but I bought the Decut in the hope of negating most of that....which it mostly did...mostly.
For me, I consider this one super posh!! Interestingly, the riser screws supplied to mount the site track on the riser, were the wrong thread to fit on my....Spigarelli!!!

I have yet to shoot with it.

Mark31121

Ironman
I've been using one for quite a while, mine has the screw holding the sight block in place - the worst thing I found were the instructions were badly translated, they said something like "to quickly adjust the vertical, push the control dial aside" which translated to unscrew the vertical locking thumb screw and pull the larger dial out a few mm to disable the click to move it quicker. Then push it back in to micro adjust and tighten to lock. I must have done 15000 shots and never had anything come loose.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I have one. I like to have the weight close to the bow and the mechanism is very smooth. I also like the idea of removing just the extension when packing away, less to fiddle with. There are no fiddly little screws to come loose and get lost.

Laurie

Thank you both...if geoffretired (the "Online Guru") uses one, that's good enough for me!! Your reasons for it are mine too....
I agree too with Mark31121, the manual is a joke...but better than my Italian!!!

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I have four! It seems one of each incarnation, as the extension is not automatically interchangeable. However, none of them works loose or moves. For the money, I think you can't get better.

Mufti

I have 2 - one of the drawbacks I have found is that the rack that stays fixed to the riser does make packing away interesting.

Laurie

Obviously that good that they breed!!

Thank you all for putting my mind at rest, I shall try it out Monday night......

Mark31121

Ironman
I have four! It seems one of each incarnation, as the extension is not automatically interchangeable. However, none of them works loose or moves. For the money, I think you can't get better.
Hi TT, does that mean that if I want a spare rail (for my other riser) then I need to make sure it's the same incarnation?

As mine is about 7 years old it looks like I'll just be buying another sight...

Laurie

Well have now shot for the first time with the new sight fitted on my Revolution, and of course then noticed that quite a few of the club have them!
It only took about 12 arrows to "zero in" and all went fine, nice and easy to use, very easy to adjust, and all stayed put with no rattles. I really like the windage vernier adjustment and guage and the vertical adjuster with its fine or more general adjuster, or slide off, and easy to lock with large alloy wheels.

All really good so far....

PFC1968

I use one on my indoor setup, works well for me, no issues. I have the earlier version with the triangular extension bar and gold coloured main adjustment knob, the newer ones have a square extension bar and black knob. I have heard from others that the earlier one is better made.

Laurie

Hello Geoffretired,
And thank all of you. I hadn't replied sooner as I had problems with the site and gave up, but the SIGHT has proved exactly as Geoff retired has said and over the last few months I love it.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I agree ,there is a lot to like about that sight. It adjusts smoothly, it stays put afterwards, and if it works loose... blame the owner.heehee
I specially like the fact that there are so few parts and so few fiddly screws to lose in the grass.