Spotting scope repair shop ??

nfinite

Ironman
Well, after years of clear and bright viewing in my spotting scope, it looks like its taken a knock without me noticing and hence, the prism is out of alinement...

Is anybody aware of a repair shop in yorkshire.

The Scope is a Helios Falcon 20-60 x 60.

I cant even find the manufactures details online, which is a little strange ????

worthipa

Supporter
Supporter
Well, after years of clear and bright viewing in my spotting scope, it looks like its taken a knock without me noticing and hence, the prism is out of alinement...

Is anybody aware of a repair shop in yorkshire.

The Scope is a Helios Falcon 20-60 x 60.
Unfortunately I think you'll find it'll cost you less to replace it. Can't you claim on your household policy?

I cant even find the manufactures details online, which is a little strange ????
All Helios stuff is made in Russia in one of the former state owned optical factories. No doubt now belonging to some oligarch or other. Used to be imported into this country by a company called Technical & Optical Equipment (London) Ltd ...

Nightimer

Back in 1989 I bought a pair of binoculars for ?100 (a lot of money back then).
6 months later I dropped them and it cost ?30 to have them reset.
You might find the repair costs a bit steep so renewal might be the prudent answer.
If your scope originally cost ?100 and they want ?50 to repair it then I would go for a new one (any excuse to spend money).
If you paid ?1200 for it then ?50 is a cheap repair.

Did the same to mine, not the same make but the same problem.

Just dismantled it, reset the prism, and he presto good as new. It really wasn't that difficult a job on my model, although at one point it did look as though all those parts might never make a scope again :)

So if the repair cost is pretty high, you might as well give it a go fixing it, before spalshing out on a new one.

nfinite

Ironman
Cheers All,

It is nitrogen filled so would imagine if I can fix it, would lose the gas.

Think its time for a new one and if I can fix the falcon, get it on ebay to get some cash back.

Cheers all

It is nitrogen filled so would imagine if I can fix it, would lose the gas.
The gas is in there just to aid waterproofing, so if you do self-repair just take this on-board, along with any seals you might have to break. Mine was gas filled, but to be honest I haven't had any problems with moisture.

swift

repairs

I had a broken block on my scope so called east of england binoculars and he sent me a part free of charge as paper work was to much hassle. great bloke helped a lot try google them see what they can do,I got the feeling he may have been an archer as I told him what it was for and he done all the work. good luck