Spotting scope, Vortex Impact Angled 70mm

buzz lite beer

Just got myself a new Vortex spotting scope and for the money ?120 posted, it is very impressive, nice bright images X25-50 and no
colour shift or fringing right out to the edges of the lenses, at the top end mag X75 there is a noticable drop in brightness and the mechanical components aren't silky smooth but function well, polycarbonate (plastic) body is very strong and durable this is no top end scope so don't expect it to be, bumf says waterproof but would use caution with this claim, there has been a marked improvement in optics coming from the China of late and this scope is one of them. Worth a look.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erika

I'll be shooting the Vortex Nomad in Leizig, cos it's nice and light. My usual scope is the Vortex Skyline. Super clear scopes. I can always make out my arrows (even when everyone is shooting the same colour combos), even at 90m.

Great scopes and cheap too.

rohenwto

Just got myself a new Vortex spotting scope and for the money ?120 posted, it is very impressive, nice bright images X25-50 and no
colour shift or fringing right out to the edges of the lenses, at the top end mag X75 there is a noticable drop in brightness and the mechanical components aren't silky smooth but function well, polycarbonate (plastic) body is very strong and durable this is no top end scope so don't expect it to be, bumf says waterproof but would use caution with this claim, there has been a marked improvement in optics coming from the China of late and this scope is one of them. Worth a look.

Was sharing one of these Sunday, as you say nice bright images, but was disappointed with the focus.:thumbsdow When attempting to focus the image moved, worked out eventually that, if a little pressure was put on the focus knob it moved the internals (I assume a mirror), not a lot of pressure could move the image half a target diameter as seen through the eye piece. Try to set up quickly on the line was a night mare. Have you noticed this?
Stuck it for a couple of dozen and the changed to my trusty Mighty Midget 2:)

buzz lite beer

the only image movement I have experienced was when using the zoom upwards of 50x not the focus knob and only shifted off centre a tiny amount, perhaps I got a good one, or the one you shared has been a Friday night special.

Sling-it

Cub1 is on the Vortex shooting staff. My committment to her was that sponsorships are second to quality equipment.........If it won't do the best job, I'll buy something that will.

With that said, I was IMPRESSED with the Skyline 80 angled spotting scope! Man alive, clear, bright, and everything clear to the edges! Remembering about a rifle scope with good optics able to see at night, I tripoded the Skyline in the middle of the night with a full moon. I was counting leaves on a tree 200 yards away.:mind-blow

Folks, these are great optics. The nice thing is they have something for everyone. If you don't have the budget for the high line, you can go with something lower, and they still are nice for the money. Glad you like yours.