St George Field Squad

Field Archer

I was talking to Ray Howells (GB Team Manager) at the week-end and he told me about an England Field Squad week-end next February.

I have been asked if I would like to go. If someone of my age can be asked, then anyone could go.
Even though I have only shot one GNAS field shoot (I usually shoot NFAS and EFAA) I probably will go.
Is anyone else interested?

Details taken from GNAS Field website http://www.summersvere.freeserve.co.uk/

St George Field Squad

There is the WWW (West Wales Winter squad) and Gafr Mynydd squad, both in Wales. England, not to be left out are organising a trial squad weekend in February 2006. Westcott Archers in Buckinghamshire are kindly allowing the use of their indoor hall and field course on the 4th/5th February. This trial is to gauge the response of all established or aspiring field archers who feel they would like to improve their field archery skills.

What can you expect? You will not be taught how to shoot a bow; although we expect to have coaches on hand to sort any shooting or equipment challenges that you have - at any level. You will be enthused and encouraged to realise your true potential as an archer. The staff will endeavour to make you ask the right questions, the ones that are relevant to YOU. (Also perhaps provide a few answers).

The St George Squad is being organised by the current GB team manager Ray Howells an accomplished archer in both target and field, with a good knowledge of equipment and able to advise on shooting all bow types.

If there is enough interest in this trial weekend, a full winter series will be organised for winter 2006/2007. There will be a charge of ?10.00 for the weekend (cheaper than entering a tournament) for more information interested archers click St George (word) StGeorge (pdf)

Micky

Do you think that this is aimed at established field archers already? Or do you think they're including target archers who have tried field and like it?

If it's not going to be out of my depth then I might consider it..

Field Archer

Micky, it's not just for established field archers, but for archers who aspire to be field archers. Target archers would be more than welcome.
It's mainly about teaching you the elements of field archery, you'll not be out of your depth.