Stabilisers recommend

Stretch

There isn’t really much need for the straight rod setup these days. With even budget rods being stiff enough to take quite a lot of weight you can achieve the balance without the extra rods.

I guess the modern equivalent is the Jacob Wukie type setup - if your adventurous. But for most folks a decent slab on weight on the long rod balance by a decent weight on the back will do the job.

I did shoot straight rods way-way (and a few more ways) back. Similarly to why I strip the vbar off nowadays from time to time. Vbars can cover up some very ugly stuff in your pressure points. At the time I was trying to work out what the hell to do with a medium/high KG1 grip having moved from a low cheapo Wha Gok grip.

Stretch

T101

There isn’t really much need for the straight rod setup these days. With even budget rods being stiff enough to take quite a lot of weight you can achieve the balance without the extra rods.

I guess the modern equivalent is the Jacob Wukie type setup - if your adventurous. But for most folks a decent slab on weight on the long rod balance by a decent weight on the back will do the job.

I did shoot straight rods way-way (and a few more ways) back. Similarly to why I strip the vbar off nowadays from time to time. Vbars can cover up some very ugly stuff in your pressure points. At the time I was trying to work out what the hell to do with a medium/high KG1 grip having moved from a low cheapo Wha Gok grip.

Stretch
like others have said depends on a few things. if you are planning to have a shed load of weight on the end say over10oz then u might see some benefit with an expensive really stiff rod. anything under that and most of them will work well enough. I would favour a lighter rod thats stiff for best result IME. merlinarchery have some good offers in their clearance section, fivics etc which are decent and some under £50, bargain.

i've had or tried doinker estremo/fatty, easton ace/x10, beiter, homemade, mybo certo., hmc 22., arctec proxxl, best for me have been the fatty and i'm currently using the easton ace again. the arctec and x10 prob next best. The ace is the same carbon tube as the current easton a/c pro it just has different end caps and decals ;).