stop creeping

archer

i am doing workouts weights(dumbells) from tenzone,?not to much?at home ,hoping it will help stop me from see sawing and help come back in one movement i think it working?it feel easer?and coming back in?one how?i am working on it ?,?ideals for stop creeping ect would be helpful?

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Jim already uses a clicker...
Best thing, Jim, is Practice!

Couple of things you can do are:
1. Look at the clicker as you draw the arrow and shoot it (the butt should be close before doing this of course!) - focus on keeping it smooth.
2. Use one of these "stick on mirrors" to watch the clicker out of your peripheral vision while you aim and shoot...

You could also try getting someone to video you and reviewing your progress that way.

You might find you're just overbowed a little, or freezing on the clicker while aiming. Shoot lots of blank bale until you get the motion smooth - indoor season is the best time to do it!

archer

Hi murray </p>

<font size="2">thanks for help i trying to pull my bow back in house, got boss?(close)??nice and smooth draw with out shooting?trying for?get smooth draw ect ?back shifts does not help </font>
</p>

LineCutter

The other thing that may help is to view the whole shot as a process, rather than distinct elements (nock, draw, get to clicker, aim, freeze, grunt, tense up, get through the clicker, loose).

Work out the time that it takes for you to go through the process (blank bale stuff, rather than targetting). Then try to keep the same flow with a target face in view.

If you set up your pre-draw you'll arrive at full draw pretty close to where you want to be aiming & once you've got there you only need to settle into a stable position before it's time for the arrow to go. Hold it much past that point & it's wobble, wobble, strain, click, boohoo.

jerryRTD

Just had a thought, There are two stage clickers available the type that give a little click a few mil before the clicker proper goes off I think they are Futura two stage clickers could one of these help.

cliveanne

Ironman
archer - 1/10/2005 10:45 PM i am doing workouts weights(dumbells) from tenzone,?not to much?at home ,hoping it will help stop me from see sawing and help come back in one movement i think it working?it feel easer?and coming back in?one how?i am working on it ?,?ideals for stop creeping ect would be helpful?
</p>

Are you holding at full draw? If so, for how long? & why? </p>

My old method is to hold the bow/arrow high (Parallell to the ground)?with a little tension on the string. As I am coming down to the target, I am nearly at my reference point (Anchor) & the sight is very nearly in the Gold. By the time I am in the gold, I am at full draw, sight in the gold/loose... Arrow in the Gold (Some times) count to 2, let the bow fall, or lower the arm... depends on how you look at that.</p>

PS I no longer use a sling </p>

archer

i am tring not to hold and sight too long i have been told not too aim at sight longer then 4 secs i find? i shoot better if i pull back ect quick thanks? all for help </p>