String durability

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Having something of a surprise regarding my 8125 string at present. It was made during the april lockdown and has been shot since we got back 1st july. perhaps 8000 arrows through it and its still looking pretty good. In the past I used to make 2 strings per season and shot no where near this much. Did they improve the durability of string material?

Shirt

Less rubbing on other things as it's strung/unstrung frequently, if you've just left your bow set up for most of that period? Or less contact with something in your case that makes them go fuzzy?

Stretch

Not shot 8125 in a while but some colours faired better than others. There was nothing wrong with the string but it looked scruffy due to colour smear/fade. 8125G seemed worse than original 8125. The red was pink within a few months. The darker colours stayed OK longer. Colours like silver never really changed (but had tons of wax to begin with).

I used to shoot black Dynaflight (early BCY Dyneema) and it stayed black and healthy looking all year long and I shot a very high volume of arrows. But there is no profit in that kind of string. :p

Did you change colour?

Stretch

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
bow left unstrung but set up for quick jump to field. string would normally be folded up and put in long thin string poly bag. usual level of waxing so no change there. diamond back central serving very durable but nothing special about ends and its help together really well.

used to shoot 8190 but couldnt get any when my last spool ran out. ended up with the chunkiboi 8125. did cut down on strands a bit for outdoors. only ever use black material.

string just seems to have held together fantastically. perhaps after 10 years I've finally got how to make strings right! :)