Strings Galore but which one?

carl7

Been looking and reading through the BCY and Brownell sites to get familiar with all the different strings types they make. Wondering which string material I should make my first string with, initially I think probably something like BCY 8190, 452x, DynaFlight 97. Not too interested in which is the fastest etc. Just want a good durable, long lasting material. (mainly just to gain experience in string making)

Second wonder is what serving material and their sizes for the end loops and center with nock fit being the most important.

Thanks!
Carl

Bertybobby

I have used 8190 which is good. 400 and 350 serving for both loops and centre.

With the 8190 on a recurve you can add or deduct a few stands from the recommended strands to get your knock fit right.

Or you can use a Beiter knock. Not done that yet myself.

I've only done about 4 strings. Horlicksed my first one, but after that no problems. Just take your time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

carl7

I have used 8190 which is good. 400 and 350 serving for both loops and centre.
With the 8190 on a recurve you can add or deduct a few stands from the recommended strands to get your knock fit right.
Or you can use a Beiter knock. Not done that yet myself.
I've only done about 4 strings. Horlicksed my first one, but after that no problems. Just take your time.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Thanks Bertybobby, yes 8190 it is, will order it today. I'm sure in time I would have tried a few different string materials. May even try a string of the newer type "dacron" B75 and such. It's cheap enough compared to something like 8190.

Carl