Tab Markings

DreamerDeceiver

hi

I shoot barebow and currently have a soma booming fingertab. What kind of additional markings am I allowed to put on the tab for official competitions?

Valkamai

Not sure of the target rules but in field you are only allowed small marks of the same length and colour. There can be no numbers or any other form of memorandum.

BTW wouldn't want to be the goalie in FIFA archery. 😜

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

DreamerDeceiver

Thanks. The an has a finger spacer and so there is an notch in the metal. Amni still allowed to mark that? If they need to be the same length does that mean the same length if you follow the ege (eg always 2mm long) or would you have to make sure the back of the lines all line up?

Valkamai

Not sure I'm sorry I've only ever used a three under tab with no finger spacer.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

backinblack

This is a 3 under tab available commercially:

Barebow 3-Under Cordovan Leather Archery Shooting Tab

Presumably if you did something similar it would be legal but you really need to read through the rules for organisation/ class that you will shoot in as they do differ in some respects (sorry, I don't shoot barebow beyond the odd dabble but came across this tab recently and that's about the limit of my knowledge).

Best,
Backinblack

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
My understanding of the rules is that you can't make (say) the 5 and 10 marks more prominent or (say) the 20m and 30m marks more prominent to make the counting easier.

Mind you I don't know why you'd want to mark an edge of a tab that wasn't straight as it would be a nightmare for string walking.