Testing the water

Stewmitch

Hi All.
I know not many of you are shooting at the moment but hopefully the lockdown will end soon.

I wondered if there would be any interest in my set up, I am having to hang up my quiver due to personal reasons.

I have a complete set up with an old Hoyt Axis riser, the riser with the screw lock limbs not ilf.
2 sets of limbs, one set being a set of hex5's
plus all other kit required including a hard case and backpack.

Full details if there is any interest.

JohnK

I think, if you're prepared to split the package, there could be interest. For example, I'm interested to know what the length and weight of your HEXVs is, and what sight you're using :)

Stretch

The Axis was a great riser and is still quite sought after. They sell on eBay for more than they should when they come up. Especially if it is in good nick or one of the nicer colours.

However, if splitting the set you need to punch the Axis convertible limb studs from the limbs and replace with a generic dovetail fitting. Without the fitting the riser is worth very little. The more studs the more it is worth.

Punching the dowels and splitting might help you reach a wider potential market. It’s easy to do but replacement parts might cost £20 to £30 unless you have the originals or can find some broken limbs.

Stretch

Stewmitch

Thanks fellas.
Ideally I would sell as a whole package mainly because of the limbs and riser not being ilf.

But I do appreciate your feedback