The Twitcher

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Torque reduction on barebow. For a while I've been using a plain Easton X10 longrod to check for torquing the riser of my barebow during the shot execution. It's okay but because it's long and has some mass it reduces the smaller torque errors. So I built 'The Twitcher' :) It's an old Carbon One with a turned down 5/16ths UNF grub screw glued in one end and a nylon indicator on the other. Screws in any stab point on the bow.
Result... super sensitive to torque. Kicks left or right at the slightest torque of the bow. Most important it feels like a normally weighted barebow still.
twitcher.jpg twitcher2.jpg

Last edited:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Sounds good! I am guessing it works like a long lever as seen on simple arrow straighteners, magnifying small movements we would otherwise not detect.
In the past, I have tried shooting bareshafts at close range (through paper if necessary) to see how the tears change.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
To be honest I think it might work too well. Before using it I was reasonably happy with by bow grip position etc. Having used it I found it shows the tiniest twitches etc but every now and again it really does move right to left a lot. Now I'm looking at my grip position :( I will persevere with it of a couple of weeks to see if I can reduce the movement but I'm not going to freak out over it :)