Thermostatic Glue pot for ?11.99 !

• Thread starter Deleted member 7654
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7654

I'm toying with rawhide backing and some other stuff, so I bought some 'hide glue' (Liberon Pearl Glue). The 'proper' electric glue pots are V expensive. I looked around for electric kettles and such like which I could convert and then I came across a.
Mini 1L Deep Fryer.
It has a temerature control knob on the front which has fine control although the first numbered graduation is 130!
I checked it with a digital thermometer and it controls down to 70 with no problem (I had it at 40 to start with).
The glue in a glass jar standing in the basket, with water in the fryer. It works a treat.
I got it at the 'Range'...brilliant, no modifications required, just make sure you ignore the instructions which say only use it for the intended purpose.
Hope this is useful ino.
Del

Paradox

Fab tip. Ta.

Just looked at them and it'll work for keeping beeswax melted without burning it too.

Couldn't find the "range" place you mention - did a quick check and they're around ?10 on ebay though.

G

GilliesDP

Re. Thermostatic Glue Pot

[Del the Cat;353471] "I looked around for electric kettles and such like which I could convert and then I came across a Mini 1L Deep Fryer."

Hope this is useful ino.
Del

Spot - on information, and so useful!

Not just for Archery, either. Many thanks for sharing the idea.

Regards

Gillies DP
SVA