Thought of the day

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Nice thinking KidCurry.
I've shot 6 arrows at least 1000 times. On reflection; that doesn't make me a tough opponent.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
My toughest opponent is the flaming weather. Still what is bad for archery is often good for other activities. No hesitation allowed in this sport or the wave will munch you. A friend took these yesterday; it was fun!

8ballali

I spent about four and a half years trying all sorts of things. Then I decided to stick with a basic process in February. The more it's become ingrained, the faster my scores have risen. Way beyond I thought I would ever be capable of.
I still try the odd minor change now and then, but keep the same process, almost identical. Just fine tuning.

jerryRTD

My toughest opponent is the flaming weather. Still what is bad for archery is often good for other activities. No hesitation allowed in this sport or the wave will munch you. A friend took these yesterday; it was fun!

I see it going feathery in the first picture did you get dumped on?

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I still try the odd minor change now and then, but keep the same process, almost identical. Just fine tuning.
I remember a famous concert pianist talking at an interview saying that he didn't just repeat a performance ( a record does that). He tried to create the best performance he could, each time he played the piece in question.
I think that is similar to shooting arrows in archery.

4d4m

Ah, something still on my bucket list, even at the wrong side of 50. I did try it once, on Waikiki Beach, but couldn’t stand on the board for more than a second. One day I’ll have another go.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Ah, something still on my bucket list, even at the wrong side of 50. I did try it once, on Waikiki Beach, but couldn’t stand on the board for more than a second. One day I’ll have another go.
Not a bad spot to try it out!!

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Indeed! Wish I'd done it earlier in the holiday so I could have had another lesson or two.
If you’re ever in North Cornwall, I’d happily help out. Qualified beach lifeguard, Coastguard and all round water safety nerd.

Last edited: