[American Flatbow] Timber Creek Cottonmouth string question

PLEASE HELP TO FUND ARCHERY INTERCHANGE

Stevec1960

I have a Timber Creek Cottonmouth which I enjoy very much but I have a question for other Cottonmouth owners about strings.

The bow is sold as a 62", but if you get a Flemish twist string for a 62" 'traditional' bow it is much to short - brace height is way too high. As the bow is reflex/deflex I tried ordering an endless string for a 62" recurve which was better but still a bit short really though you can just about use it if you completely untwist it. I read somewhere that the Cottonmouth is actually nearer to a 64" - which would explain the problem - so my question is what string length do other owners use /order?

Thanks

dgmultimedia

Supporter
Supporter
My string is 153.5cm ( 60.5?) laid out gives 7.5? brace height. A couple I have made in dacrogen are 1cm shorter as it stretches more and a fast flight one is 154cm. They have approx 1 twist per inch and wool ball silencers making it the quietest bow ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevec1960

Thanks for the reply, that does help. As I understand it, a 'standard' 62" trad/flemish string is normally 3" shorter than the bow length so it would be 59" which explains the very high brace height I've been getting. A 64" recurve string should be 4" shorter giving an actual length of 60" so I may try that or get a flemish made to 60".

Thanks for the help