Time waits for no man (or woman)

Old Bloke

So few can read this blog, I'm not sure why I bother any more. But I'm still here, with something to say..afterall that is what a blog is for isn't it?
What a performance on the forum concerning the outing of a junior caught cheating at a T.I.D programmed shoot! Am I surprised about the cheating? No, for I have been telling everyone, as much as I can tell everyone on this forum, that it was only a matter of time before the balloon went up with this part of ArcheryGB. Anyone who has studied the Junior archery scene over the last 5 years will realise that this was eventually going to happen..but hey who cared to listen?..afterall it is only Juniors..keep patting them on the head and everyone will be happy. ArcheryGB is performance lead so is it no wonder that a culture has arisen, unchecked, that creates the sorry state of affairs that we now see? Will heads roll? No of course not they are in the positions of power that they sought..let us not make a fuss. Hmm.
Whatever, the clock is still ticking down and the latest debacle is a good reason for the clock to still be ticking..June 22nd..D Day.
One thing I will say though, is that when you see an approaching storm, the last thing you tell your friends to do is to stand under a tree..I consider those that can read my blog entries to be *friends*, moderators or not.
P.S. I told you so.

tel

Fonz Awardee
still glad to be one of the readers David - never doubted you for a minute! ;)

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
It will be interesting to see if this has any noticeable "effect" on any of the other juniors scores???? There maybe others who suffer a "dip" in form...

Old Bloke

darthTer, don't worry..the contents of your comments have already been discussed..17 hours ago and before the event took place! ArcheryGB...more fudge than Cadbury's.

Eluned

OB. Someone needs to tell the Sheriff Of Lilleshall and his cronies that the pursuit of the "fool's gold" to be found at The Greatest Trade Fair On Earth is over. The results are already out. First Place...Easton. Second Place.... Win & Win. Third Place... Hoyt. Enough of these self styled "elite archers" and thier cronies. One incident at one shoot does not make a case. It is just an unfortunate happenstance that when they come and play outside of the castle grounds and are subject to new invigilators they are found wanting. But hey, we only need to refer to their own assessment of themselves

"This has not yielded the quality of results that are required to systematically produce World leading archers of the future, instead it focuses on developing athletes that are generally going to benefit the region and represent them well on a national level".
Taken from GNAS performance Unit vacancy advertising for Ambitious Coaches.

Not only have they admitted their own failure but also have downgraded all their junior archers from "talented" potential international class athletes to that of regional class athletes.

What will archery's olympic legacy be?

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
the trouble is that there some cheats get away with it even though everyone seems to know they are cheating.. its also very annoying when they themselves say its gamesmanship and if the archers on the boss cant be ##### to check the arrows then crack on!!

OB.. your blogs are great.. always food for thought xx