Tops, boobtubes, vests.. after the dress code deregulation

FlightyRachel

Fonz Awardee
Well I've finally found a pair of white trousers that aren't all baggy and pillsbury doughboy, but also don't show your undies, so perhaps I'll wear them!

jimlee

:

This is a record status shoot- GNAS rules of shooting and dress regulations
will apply. Note on colours – Regulation green or white or club colours.

So what I'm really asking is, are some clubs sticking to the old dress code? At shoots you've been to, are people still in green and white, and club shirts, or are people genuinely wearing any old thing? I get nervous enough without arriving and everyone staring at me because I've got it all wrong!
Rachel, most entry forms have a telephone contact number on them, why don't you phone and get clarification from the tournament organiser to remove that niggling worm of doubt.

Cheers, Jim.

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
I'm judging a shoot in Kent at the end of June that has this written on the form. Ignore it - I suspect the previously ventured notion of using last year's form is most likely.

To be clear - as has always been the case non-RS Tournaments can only specify whether 307 applies or not (by staying silent on the matter). Not bits of it, nor new bits of something else. RS has always been 307 all the way with no deviation.

Having said that I am learning the frown handed down through generations of archers reserved for those clad in non-regulation hues. You can contact me for the Pantone colour codes for the White and Green deemed acceptable - or the RGB proportions if you're one of those modern types who use an Etch-A-Sketch with a Typewriter attached.

FlightyRachel

Fonz Awardee
Having said that I am learning the frown handed down through generations of archers reserved for those clad in non-regulation hues. You can contact me for the Pantone colour codes for the White and Green deemed acceptable - or the RGB proportions if you're one of those modern types who use an Etch-A-Sketch with a Typewriter attached.
I know that frown! Been on the receiving end of it many times! But now I can glare back, smug in the knowledge that I'm allowed to be wearing the wrong colour! ;)

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
FlightyRachel said:
I know that frown! Been on the receiving end of it many times! But now I can glare back, smug in the knowledge that I'm allowed to be wearing the wrong colour! ;)
You know I was kidding, right?

BigShot

Last weekend's novice shoot (my first competition) didn't enforce the dress code rule at all. It was only just before collecting the arrows from the final end that I remembered I had an olive drab hat in my bag. I'd been shooting in blue denim jeans and wore a camouflage wind breaker for a good chunk of the day anyway... talk about an opportunity missed to break all three remaining rules at once!

At least I broke all three when we walked down for the last score and collect. :p

Microgeek

While it says only archery related logos etc can you wear a top with a non worded design on it ? I was told no by a judge but the rules do not state you have to wear a plain top unless it has something archery or sponsor related on it.
It is still a bit confusing and needs clarifying.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Microgeek said:
While it says only archery related logos etc can you wear a top with a non worded design on it ? I was told no by a judge but the rules do not state you have to wear a plain top unless it has something archery or sponsor related on it.
It is still a bit confusing and needs clarifying.
I think if it's not big, it's ok. The small insignias (Adidas, Nike, Canterbury etc) are fine. Bit of piping or racing stripes seem ok, too.

Huffy

I don't mean insignia's just nice decorative t-shirts for example.

Should be no reason why you cannot wear a decorative t shirt, it has no logo, its not blue denim,olive drab or camo it should be allowed under the rules.

Best wishes, Mark

barracuda babe

well a boob tube would be good for putting off the other competitors (or at least just distracting them). I do know that it's illegal (GNAS rules and regs) to wear open toe footwear whilst competing.

FlightyRachel

Fonz Awardee
Just to update this, at the shoot I went to yesterday (RS) everyone (except me LOL) was in the old painter and decorators' gear, or club colours. I wore white and a club t shirt, but then took that ff and wore a red *shock* vest. (No logos though). I did't get told off, but I did feel a bit... bright. :)

Knight

This thread has been very informative, looks like I don't need to buy more clothes for archery, just got to dig out my black trousers and black shirt, result!

Thunk

Ironman
Target rules say:
Members of the Society shooting and officiating at tournaments granted UK or World
Record Status by GNAS are required to wear clothing that is appropriate, clean, in good
condition (ie not frayed or worn, either deliberately or by use) and conventional in style
and appearance. .
Surely that means that we should take the appropriate clothing with us but shoot in the nude? After all, as soon as you put even your underwear on it is being 'worn'...:D

commissar

Surely that means that we should take the appropriate clothing with us but shoot in the nude? After all, as soon as you put even your underwear on it is being 'worn'...:D
not a chance the only people who get to see my longrod are the wife and my doctor