Tourette’s Syndrome - anyone have any experience of this ??

PLEASE HELP TO FUND ARCHERY INTERCHANGE

Corax67

One of my junior beginners has Tourette’s - they are a very good archer and I was wondering if anyone has experience of working with archers who have this condition?

Corax67

You are leaving yourself open to some very weird replies to this question my friend. :oops: 😋
Hope not - it’s a junior on a dedicated junior beginners course

They had already been exhibiting OCD traits but as their scores improved then a verbal tic became quite prominent too.

Just wondered if anyone else knew any Tourette’s sufferers or coached archers with complex neurological syndromes

Riceburner

I've never (knowingly) met anyone with genuine Tourettes (but lots of people who just talk that way anyway), so can't really comment, apart from to say that I'd guess the main thing to do would be to just stay calm and understand that nothing (rude) they say is genuinely directed at you.

Corax67

It’s not presenting as language - they have a verbal tic, a mix of clicks and whistle plus a physical facial tic

ejg1951

Look for advice from a support organisation for Tourette’s sufferers, as there’s a lot of good information out there. Good on you, for giving this person a chance.