Trial - UUkha formula top and bottom stabiliser bushes

These top and bottom rod bushes were kindly made for me by Mr Latheman - not expensive - super quality and fast delivery too - Thanks mr. L

they are surface-glued with Methyl-Acetate glue (vuduglu) - hence non-invasive - the bush foot surfaces were milled to form a key

they are my first design - but I have a fall-back that will deffo work - just more complex and costlly

I have not shot them very much - just a couple of doz. - waiting for the glue to cure fully - I expect em to fall off - but let's see

Attachments

Fail !! - as expected they fell off at around 4 dozen. So I am considering plan B - but at around ?65, I am not sure its worth it.

anyways - was worth a try

Valkamai

Why not just put limb savers on the limbs too reduce vibration ?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Why not just put limb savers on the limbs too reduce vibration ?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk
Hi V - personal taste - i don't like limb savers - they slow the limb and fall off -just my experience - also the rods were mainly for bow balance and weight - cheers

Stretch

Just FYI the "Limbsavers slow the limb" is a myth. I've tested F7, Quattro Foam and Quattro Wood through a chrono and there was no discernible speed difference. (There was also no discernible vibration difference on the F7). Of course that only applies if you mount them low down near the fade outs. I tried the previous generation (not the recurve kind) and the newer broadband - the broadband being maybe a tiny bit more effective. They also only fall off if your limb is greasy/dirty. Clean the limb and the problem is getting them off if you want the, off!

So Limbsavers are worth a try if you are just Trying to zap a little excess vibration. My bows were all reasonable before using the LS. They are useless if you have a bow that is all over the place and sounds like a canon... and they are useless if you are trying to shift balance :)

YMMV

Stretch

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I think that I'd be making the base of the adapter bigger and securing it under the bolts. And using fractionally longer bolts of course.

I think that I'd be making the base of the adapter bigger and securing it under the bolts. And using fractionally longer bolts of course.
correct mr B - That's my plan B - but i will still need to get the action of the bar to act in the centre of the paralever - but i have a plan for that too