TRU Ball Truball Stinger - increasing length

JimForTheWin

Hi all,

Anyone suffessfully, or knows how to, increase the length of the Truball Stinger release aid? I like the idea of the wrist attached release, however it's about 2cm too short for my giant man hands. I'm already using the large one, and they don't make a larger model.

It's attached to the wrist strap using a locking hex nut, and it appears to be attached to the actual trigger with a grub screw... I'm wondering if it's just a case of taking said grub screw out, and replacing the connecting rod with a longer screw thread...

Any ideas?

jerryRTD

Only one way to find out. personally I would say bin it and get your self a Jim Fletcher Insider.

Stash

...it appears to be attached to the actual trigger with a grub screw... I'm wondering if it's just a case of taking said grub screw out, and replacing the connecting rod with a longer screw thread...

Any ideas?
Yes, that's exactly right. Although you might have trouble finding the Imperial replacement parts if you're in the UK. You need a 1/16" allen key and the threaded rod is 10-32 (same as most scope rods).

Although I have obviously never seen you and your "giant man hands", are you sure you need to lengthen this? I've sold dozens of this model release over the years and have rarely met anyone who could properly shoot it full length, and never anyone who needed it lengthened. Your finger needs to be curled right around the trigger like you would shoot a shotgun/rifle, and not just barely reaching the trigger with your fingertip. Can you post a picture of yourself at full draw with this release, closeup of your face and anchor?

Anjinsan

Hello Stash, I too have large hands and need to lengthen the rod, back in the day I was a professional pistol shooter and "never ever" would you curl your finger around the trigger, you need the pad of your finger on the trigger to "feel" for the let off.

OK you can say that's for pistols,rifles,shotguns but a trigger is a trigger and you would ALWAYS use the pad of your finger.

Anjinsan

Hello JimForTheWin, In response, read my reply to Stash, I too have large hands and need the rod lengthened, if it's not too late you WILL need to heat the trigger housing to melt the glue to unscrew the grubscrew and rod, keep the heat local, don't over do it and lose temper in the spring.