Two Piece Flatbow?

Mav617

I saw a two piece "longbow" on an Australian video. Looked more like an AFB, anyone know where I can find a two piece AFB/Hybrid bow that I can take on my motorbike rather than my Compound or 3 piece take down recurve?

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
3 piece takedown flatbows and ILF flatbow limbs do exist but they're not common. I've never seen them for sale in the UK but the likes of 3rivers in the US have one or two options.

I can't see it being economic to import one though.

Riceburner

I saw a two piece "longbow" on an Australian video. Looked more like an AFB, anyone know where I can find a two piece AFB/Hybrid bow that I can take on my motorbike rather than my Compound or 3 piece take down recurve?
I too have the dilemma of trying to mix archery and motorcycling. ;)
A 3-piece take down is easy enough to carry in a rucksack (I used to use a Seb Flute one), and there's plenty of option.

However - for more 'interesting' bow styles then you're limited (obviously).

I've found a 50" horsebow is quite easy to carry on my back (but obviously would prefer to strap it to the bike, and I'm looking for options for that).

I'm tempted by one of these : Compact Folding Takedown Bow | Survival Bow 50lb Weight | Primal Gear., but haven't been quite tempted enough, as yet. ;)

Mav617

Thanks all - went with a 3 piece ILF Takedown recurve (with a Timber Creek take down holdall), the Gravity Illusion from Phoenix, shoots well and as a barebow recurve offers enough difference from my compound that I enjoy shooting both more than ever.

cave dweller

For my motorcycle needs I've got a modified 40# take down recurve and arrows that will fit into a yoga mat bag or something similar. I've shortened the bow to be no more than 49" when put together and it works great, the longest bit being the upper limb at about 21", and am in the process of making some two part take down arrows using both ally shafts and fiberglass shafts to see what works best. The whole lot will fit into a 22" carry bag of some kind so easy to transport.

Mav617

The bag for my take-down is really good, can strap an arrow tube to it and it keeps riser/limbs in separate pockets, string/stringer etc. Now if I could find a suitable packback for a 40" ata compound I'll be happy.

Riceburner

My aim is to try to get all the gear mounted on the bike itself ,if possible. I don't like the idea of coming off the bike and having a backpack full of hard things affecting the way I hit the ground or roll.
Yes - it's unlikely to happen, but if it happens I want to reduce the risk of pain as much as possible (had more than enough, thanks).

Mav617

What do your ride Riceburner?
My aim is to try to get all the gear mounted on the bike itself ,if possible. I don't like the idea of coming off the bike and having a backpack full of hard things affecting the way I hit the ground or roll.
Yes - it's unlikely to happen, but if it happens I want to reduce the risk of pain as much as possible (had more than enough, thanks).
Yes, there is that isn't there? My recurve I can comfortably get to the woods, will borrow the car for compound. What bike do you ride RB? Have had many over the years, mostly Jap tackle, current steed is an XSR700.

Riceburner

What do your ride Riceburner?

Yes, there is that isn't there? My recurve I can comfortably get to the woods, will borrow the car for compound. What bike do you ride RB? Have had many over the years, mostly Jap tackle, current steed is an XSR700.

I've got a BMW Rockster, shoot field (when I'm shooting, which currently I'm not).