[American Flatbow] UK Flat Bow Makers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpeye

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a comprehensive list of UK flat bow makers on the forum.

Please assist with names, websites, posts, etc.

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 7654

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a comprehensive list of UK flat bow makers on the forum.

Please assist with names, websites, posts, etc.

Cheers.
It depends what you mean by 'flat bows' ? AFB or more 'primitive' styles.
Look at the Archery DIY Forum, you'll see some of us.
Google 'delsbows' for my site, I mostly make self bows, some of which are flat.
Del

dusty

A lot will depend on your budget and what you after from the bow
Andy Soars at blackbrook bows make one of the best in the country but there are others Boarder Bows, KG archery, plus some off the shelf bows at archer retailers
A lot depends on your level of ability and what you are trying to achieve
Have a good look round the web there is plenty off information out there

cestria

Fonz Awardee
I can't remember ever seeing a comprehensive list of UK manufactures of flatbows, if there ever was BowTec Bows needs to be on it. His bows can easily hold their own against the likes of Border and Keith Gascoigne.

iangriffin

Flatbow maker in the UK

May I throw my hat in the ring. I make traditional short flatbows. 60 inches long, pyramid limbs, laminated limbs of ash,maple and white oak. I make my own laminations to an accuracy of 0.05mm. I never use anything but the finest hardwoods and will never use any glass, plastic or resin anywhere on my bows. The range of bows and staves I offer, currently stands at six. Three bows and three staves. The weights are as follows - The Griffin 35 - 50lbs (3 lams), Griffin1 50 - 65lbs (4 lams), Griffin2 70 -120lbs (5 lams). I also sell the staves to make your own. Find me on ebay uk.

D

Deleted member 7654

Ooooh, show us a pic of one of your Griffin 2 big boys :) I'd love to see a 100# flatbow.
Do you have a website? Always interested to see other bowyers stuff :)
Whereabouts are you based?
Search for iangriffin or griffin2 on Ebay produced a blank
Del

ozzy1977

Ooooh, show us a pic of one of your Griffin 2 big boys :) I'd love to see a 100# flatbow.
Do you have a website? Always interested to see other bowyers stuff :)
Whereabouts are you based?
Search for iangriffin or griffin2 on Ebay produced a blank
Del
Search for stave and you will see them

steve Morley

Andy Soars at blackbrook bows make one of the best in the country
Shame I cant shoot AFB's anymore due to tendon damage in my Bow hand, after about 4-5 days shoot the pain is too much(Heavy ILF Recurves with a sling now). The Zeta model was designed for me after I had some issues passing my 21st Century Edge at World Bowhunters in Italy. I asked him to build me an AFB that couldn't be questioned on any IFAA bow inspection, what he produced turned out to be a great looking/shooting bow and a best seller for Andy.

The Zeta was the first AFB to outshoot the H/T class at the NFAS Nationals, which many at the time considered it couldn't be done, the Sigma set the EFAA Field records that were held firm for a good 15 years by Ian Meeks, one of the AFB legends of the EFAA/IFAA.

iangriffin

Griffin2 stave available search ebay griffin Archery shop

Hi I have no website but I do have an ebay shop Griffin Archery. Please read and comment on my articles. Griffin2 will be available in 2weeks . Its on test right now. But the griffin2 Stave is available now. Cheers

T

the-poet

I'm always interested in smaller bowyers particularly flat bows so i had a nose around your store.

The thing i find most interesting is your feedback is all from sellers.

Berny

Do some of KGs bows fit here,,,such as the Osprey?
OP was about "Flat Bows" == AFB,
therefore:
- Osprey no - is short recurve or horsebow-like;
- Sherwood no - is hybrid or semi-recurve;
- Outlaw could be (as long a bracing takes out that little reflex you see in their own website pics near the limb tips)

Laurie

therefore:
- Outlaw could be (as long a bracing takes out that little reflex you see in their own website pics near the limb tips)
Sorry, I meant in with "Traditional Bows"?

English Bowman

therefore:
Depends on the society rules, under FITA/WA rules the Sherwood and Outlaw are definitely AFB. The Atlanta and Cobra are also AFBs although the Cobra doesn't have a shelf.

bobnewboy

Depending upon your budget and requirements, you could check with Chris Boyton, or Hilary Greenland at Sylvan Archery for top notch bows from natural materials.

Elestial

I have a Harrier Royale GL (glass less - only carbon + wood) from Borderbows in Scotland and I shoot it instinctive style, it is my second fav bow ever !! (after my Covert Hunter of course ;) )
The Harrier is NFAS AFB legal and shoots as fast as a recurve.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.