Upright Metal Trolley for Straw Bosses

Simeon Keenan

Hi

I am looking for a suitable 'upright trolley' for my Junior Archery Club to store archery bosses, any ideas? We have 8 bosses so may have to be two trolleys as they are quiet heavy. The Target Bosses are 128cm Diameter and 8.5 cm thick and weighed 40 kilos each any help will be great :) many thanks

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
Hi

I am looking for a suitable 'upright trolley' for my Junior Archery Club to store archery bosses, any ideas? We have 8 bosses so may have to be two trolleys as they are quiet heavy. The Target Bosses are 128cm Diameter and 8.5 cm thick and weighed 40 kilos each any help will be great :) many thanks
I'm guessing they are the edgertec type which are indeed meant to be stored upright rather than in a pile. They can however be stored in a pile - what to do is to have a couple wooden slats between each boss. My local club has them on a pallet and the sports centre uses a pallet mover - but I see these are quite expensive and while they work well on a wooden floor might not be so good on a field.

Phil Reay

Lewes leisure centre in East Sussex has a wheeled trolley that they put our 4 straw bosses on. no idea where they got it from or how much it costs but might be worth contacting:
Lewes Leisure Centre
Mountfield Road
Lewes
East Sussex
BN7 2XG

Tel: 01273 486000
Fax: 01273 487080
Email: [email protected]

M

Moose

If you look online for trollies you will find loads the cost a few hundred pounds but you can get between 4-6 bosses on the better ones and the pull/push across a field no problem if you get the ones with pneumatic tyres rather than solid wheels

Meeja

If you look online for trollies you will find loads the cost a few hundred pounds but you can get between 4-6 bosses on the better ones and the pull/push across a field no problem if you get the ones with pneumatic tyres rather than solid wheels
This.

For moving stuff across a field, then the bigger the wheels are, the easier it will be to manouevre. Pneumatic tyres will also make life much easier.

As Moose eludes to.... Be prepared to pay for a decent trolley, but as the old saying goes.... Buy cheap, Buy twice.

Bald Eagle

Hi, our club had a 4'x3' trailer and I made 2x "A" frames to fit at either end with a support at the top. Half way down the "A" frames I bolted a length of Dexion across each. Then, I wheeled 4 straw bosses into the trailer, either side of the "A" frames (8 in total) and locked them into place with 2 x 4'6"lengths of Dexion to the cross spars on the "A" frame. By locking them in they were stable for road use. The cross spars were used to lash the target stands to and the backstop net covered the lot, held down by a bungy net!! This was self contained, easy to tow and move by hand and it went into my garage when not being used for demo's.

grimsby archer

Hi

I am looking for a suitable 'upright trolley' for my Junior Archery Club to store archery bosses,
(1) Why do you need to store the bosses on the trolley(s) ? Can't you use the trolley(s) to move the bosses from archery range to storage area?

(2) Based on (1), any reason the trolley needs to be upright?