USA 136 Nationals 2020

ArcheryFox

Check out all the recent riots across the globe and football celebrations etc. I see no evidence these had any effect on Covid numbers. People need the freedom to do what THEY consider safe for them.

If people feel vulnerable to Covid do what you need to do, I for one don’t and want to get on with life. Covid will never go away and don’t be fooled with the vaccine BS. It’s a flu like cold. No one has found a vaccine for those yet have they. It will mutate just like the flu does every year.
Just to clarify and not be misconstrued, I am 100% against doing anything that goes beyond the measures that have been set out by the government and, more importantly, public health professionals.

Just because some people think it's safe to attend a large event in close proximity to others and 'get on with life' I, and most of those in public health, believe that they do increase the risk to me as a result of increasing the spread of the disease through the general population.
I would argue that there is certainly a clear correlation between countries that have seen large riots and a lack of distancing and their infection rates and percentages.
As a younger person I do not feel especially vulnerable to covid, but there have been deaths in my age range and younger and I do not want to roll those dice. And what about when I then visit my parents, vulnerable colleagues, or am near older members of my club? It is not just me, myself, and I that I need to think about here. Sure there is a balance with being bubble wrapped and not doing anything, but I am willing to trust the advice of those who know far more about immunology and and public health than I do. Just as I would hope they trust me on the areas that I am an expert in.

As for vaccines, people have found vaccines for flu. Yes it mutates, and there is a possibility that covid will do this, but this is why vulnerable people have a flu vaccine every year - to keep up to date with the new strains. The issue is that Covid is far more infectious than your average annual flu, and so spreads far more effectively through the population. Having close friends who are working in covid vaccine research I have 100% confidence in vaccines and that progress will be made with a coronavirus vaccine.
Vaccines works by injecting you with harmless material from the virus that allows your body to generate antibodies to combat the virus. Then, if you do get infected with the real virus these antibodies are already in your system and ready to combat the infection before it can take hold. Without the vaccine your immune system has not had any practise, and has to go in without any 'training' to combat the virus first time and it is therefore much more likely to take hold. The science behind vaccines is very, very solid, and in no way BS, sorry. Smallpox, polio, and measles are all testament to this amongst many other diseases, including flu.

Like KC the plans we are putting together to reopen our club involve one person/family per target, and everyone has to bring their own faces and target pins.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Though if people are interested, it is believed that the lockdown that they did do in the US for a time cut the 19/20 flu season short by about five weeks. Which shows that lockdown efforts can have an effect...

Stretch

Though if people are interested, it is believed that the lockdown that they did do in the US for a time cut the 19/20 flu season short by about five weeks. Which shows that lockdown efforts can have an effect...
Now wash your hands. :oops:

Bandit

Ok my daughter just messaged saying she just watched a woman baby wipe her child’s burger and fries in KFC, yes each chip at a time, the burger, everything 🤪