Victory VAP elite 400 spine test

I have been trying to tune my bow bare shaft go right pointing to a weak spine. I tested them unfortunately they are now 27 inch and not 28.
However I tested that length and got a deflection of 0,458 inches with a 1,94 pound weight in centre. I tested 6 arrows all consistent. I also tested a Easton Light speed 500 they had a deflection of 0,472. Unless there is something wrong with the test I would have expected a deflection of 0,37 inches as it is they are above 450 with shorter shaft.
Has anybody had similar problems with these arrows

Cereleste

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
0.458" is pretty close to the 0.448" deflection you'd expect for a 500 vap at that distance - have you checked the weight ? They could have been mislabeled at the factory. Not common, but it can happen.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
How far apart are your support points? The arrows should be 29" long and should be supported on points 28" apart according to Easton specs.

0.458" is pretty close to the 0.448" deflection you'd expect for a 500 vap at that distance - have you checked the weight ? They could have been mislabeled at the factory. Not common, but it can happen.
Hi
The weight and diameter are correct for 400 spine

How far apart are your support points? The arrows should be 29" long and should be supported on points 28" apart according to Easton specs.
As I stated 27 inch as the arrows are cut and assembled so with the shaft of the point and nock pin the shafts should be giving less than 0,4 inch not more

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
If it were me, I'd test your short arrows at 26" centres with a 2lb weight to give me an AMO spine reading, then divide by 0.825 to give an ASTM number (which is your 1.94lb at 28" test and which are the spine numbers printed on the arrows) rather than trying to do tests at 27".

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I don't know where else to go other than to contact Victory. Other than testing some other shafts to check that your spine tester is reliable. I'd imagine that it would be the first thing that Victory asks.

I don't know where else to go other than to contact Victory. Other than testing some other shafts to check that your spine tester is reliable. I'd imagine that it would be the first thing that Victory asks.
I contacted Victory with no answer in a month

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I contacted Victory with no answer in a month
That's not great. Mind you, companies can be very variable in this regard. I've had replies from Bohning by return of email but I'm still waiting for a return from Brownell after about 7 years.

Who was the retailer?

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I've used them in the past and they've been ok. It'd phone them up and have a chat.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Reading the posts, the numbers you are quoting sounds like you have some very accurate gear to do the weights and the deflections.
Have you tested any other shafts to see how they measure up compared to their stated spines? If you can reach the same numbers as Easton, on a different set of shafts you could safely say the Vaps aren't standard.