Victory Vap Elite Target arrows

Infinity

If you want input there are at least 2 youtubers in Australia that done lots of reviews of Victory vap arrows.

At least i consider them as trustworthy sources for reviews becuase of their extensive use with Victory and there scores in competitions.

Jim Ellis and Steven Hann. Maybe they are members here also?

robert43

Others in my club have used them nothing wrong with them
I wont used them as I had Victory arrows about 5 years ago I forget what 1s & I shoot field and all of them cracked with in the season & I used to get about 3+ years with Lightspeed . I know on ebay you can get them cheaper

They work on a par with carbon ones if your a compound shooter , if your a recurve archer then don’t even think about them myself and two other people all three of us shoot mb handicap scores have tried them and have zero success in getting them to tune any better than a garden cane

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Tune nicely for this recurve archer. I use ACE or Top Hat components in them.

Timid toad I know we’ve had debates on arrows before and I can’t remember details but I’d love to know all your specks on them and bow and how you got them to work , I tried 3 spines multiple point weights and more time than I dare think about trying to get them to work and it just didn’t happen which is really frustrating as I can usually get an ace to work in about 30 mins . I really wanted to get them to work as I’m shooting more field than anything and wanted to get an affordable arrow to work

robert43

Timid toad I know we’ve had debates on arrows before and I can’t remember details but I’d love to know all your specks on them and bow and how you got them to work , I tried 3 spines multiple point weights and more time than I dare think about trying to get them to work and it just didn’t happen which is really frustrating as I can usually get an ace to work in about 30 mins . I really wanted to get them to work as I’m shooting more field than anything and wanted to get an affordable arrow to work
what bow / limbs draw weight & length are you

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I've shot several sets of VAPs over the years. Only set I didn't get on with were Sport - they were so thin walled you could see through them! Seriously!
At the moment I've got 500s cut to 30" working with my 42lb otf Border Hex 7.5H. I've got 140gn points in them. My DL is 29".

In my experience all the VAP series come up on the stiff side so I cut them a little long and use heavy points. Top Hat have a great selection. Watch the outer diameter though. ID is one thing, OD is something else.

f_thomas

I think they are awesome! They are far tougher than I expected and have handled the unintentional abuse with zero damage.

You will not be disappointed

I have had the Elite for 3 months now to replace my X10 as I keep damaging them at high cost. Last comp three bent arrows shooting 6 arrows at 50 metres with a compound bow. They tuned nicely did a 356 out of 360 at 30 metres. Bare shaft tuning 2 inches right at 40 metres no worse than I could get the X10. Using 130 grain tungsten points 2 inch Easton Tite Flite vanes fitted top hat collars on 28 inch 400 spine shafts. So far so good have to see what next season brings certainly a lot less cost involved.

turtle

Yes, they're superb. I cannot imagine why anyone would say they're thin walled and fragile. They must be thinking of a different arrow (3DHV?), because you certainly can't see through them ;) I've shot mine for target and 3D and they're seriously tough arrows.

Whether you get the sport, gamer or elite, they tune well and fly exceptionally well. Bear in mind that some find the VAPs behave a little stiff for their rated spine. 3DHVs are a different matter. Some finger shooters find them twitchy and they are definitely fragile. But they too shoot great if you get the spine, point weight and overall mass right for your set up.

I shoot VAPs in 400 and 340 spine on two different compounds they fly like lasers. Lots of people who love them for recurve and barebow. If you want to try them, get the sports and see how you get on. Make sure you start long/weak and do not assume a heavier point will result in a dynamically weaker arrow. The long shank length can result in a *stiffer* arrow according to a bareshaft, but experimentation is the only way to know how things will work out for you.

Last edited: