Video Guide To Archery (Alison Williamson)

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
You'll never find it that way...direct links are the best.

But they should issue a warning because that *dangerous* man is in that video :scared:

pHz

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
for me thats one of the most down to earth and least pretentious 'complete beginners guides' to olympic archery ive seen

slainte :cheerful: rob

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
she has nice hair and very blue eyes. and with her pleasant voice, she should do books on cd.

dimreaper

thanx a million for posting that!!!!! I'm a newbie and dont have a clue about the sport and found that helpful in the extreme:cheerful:

grimsby archer

Excellent video. Alison proving that you can't talk whilst at full draw unless you are a ventrilloquist. Gottle of geer anyone?:cheerful:

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
she has nice hair and very blue eyes. and with her pleasant voice, she should do books on cd.
Well she is a trained teacher! It helps to have a good voice in that proffession. I could never imagine rab c nesbit teaching math in London?

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
i hadn't realised that she was a teacher. you can tell. she's very good at explaining things even at full draw ;)

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
i hadn't realised that she was a teacher. you can tell. she's very good at explaining things even at full draw ;)
Im surprised she hasnt done a book or video but then I guess she does not have the time at the moment. it would be nice to hear / read her thoughts and experiences as she is one of the most experienced Olympians we have every had. I cant remember if this is her 5th or 4th Olympics this year?

grimsby archer

Im surprised she hasnt done a book or video but then I guess she does not have the time at the moment. it would be nice to hear / read her thoughts and experiences as she is one of the most experienced Olympians we have every had. I cant remember if this is her 5th or 4th Olympics this year?
Perhaps she should be encouraged to sit her level1 coaches course:rotfl::rotfl:

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Well done to Alison and Alan. It was bl**dy freezing that weekend too :)

One minor criticism, it would have been better if they got some arrows in the 10 ring! ;)

Having tried to talk at full draw, I can confirm it's blooming difficult! However, Alison just goes to show a woman can talk regardless of the circumstances :raspberry

Robin the Hood

Perhaps she should be encouraged to sit her level1 coaches course:rotfl::rotfl:
You mean Instructor!..... :scratchch
Going by the presentation she gave, I'd say that she should get the badge purely for the way the film made it easy to understand...
Simple and straight forward. Well done Allison... :applause:

Paul....
:thumbsup:

worthipa

Supporter
Supporter
Excellent video.

Good demonstration of the Archer's Paradox too when Alan Wills looses in the shot from behind and into the sun. Watch the arrow wiggle!

Meddler

You mean Instructor!..... :scratchch
Going by the presentation she gave, I'd say that she should get the badge purely for the way the film made it easy to understand...

Paul....
:thumbsup:
The instructor grade hasn't been awarded in over 25 years. Level 1 Coach it would be.

And while yes the explanation was clear, we didn't get to see all the other things that need to be marked for an external assessment, such as working with the beginner, starting and ending the session etc etc etc.

O & BTW for the avoidance of doubt TIC.

Mistake

Ironman

Very simple to understand, and is an perfect example of the KISS princible (Keep it simple stupid)

Its also good to see that we are actually getting some attention, now to get onto national tv