W&W Inno Carbon RX

nbuuifx

What are the thoughts on the value of the above? And is it still good?

It is 5 years+ old.

Has a few expected chips around the pockets and a few marks around the shelf.

I'm looking to buy it but want to make sure it would be good and don't want to overpay.

It would be for my daughter. Looking for a 25" riser that won't weigh too much.

Thanks

Stretch

Is that the original Inno? I would not personally. They had issues with some kind of cracking in the lower section— not visible but structural. A friend of mine witnessed the Korean coaches at one of their shooting schools using some form of spray to make the crack visible (I saw the video but it is not public). Risers were replaced very quickly for international archers but nobody else seemed to know. CXT onwards, no issues.

As the CXT was out by 2012, maybe well before 2012, it would be at least 10 years old.

Plenty of lightweight risers out there without taking risks. (I don’t recall the Inno being light?)

Stretch

nbuuifx

I'm not sure if it was the original.

You are right thought that it isn't the lightest ever. Do you know of any good risers that are light. Her current riser was chosen for the weight and weighs just under 1kg.

Stretch

You don’t say how old your daughter is, how fit she is, what riser she is currently shooting, budget, reason for upgrade or whether you are looking for heavier, or what length… so it is kind of hard to recommend.

At 25”…
Hoyt Xakt, Spig Zen, and Mybo Wave are bow solid basic risers at the lighter end of the range. (1100g or less)

If you look at photos from the Korean school events you’ll see a lot of W&W Winex (current version) which are a bit over 1100g.

Fibrebow is not my thing but is definitely light.

There is a smorgasbord at 1200g.

If weight is an issue then 23” may be worth a look depending on draw weight and draw length.

Stretch

nbuuifx

Height: 5'5" but keeps growing

Current riser is a Mybo Rio - magnesium riser but kind of entry level. Light weight.

If I'm honest the 23" with medium limbs is about the right height at the moment.

She's doing well and I don't want to get to the point where the equipment is holding her back at all. In a perfect world I guess I'd go for a better 23" riser but they are rarer and I'd worry that she would grow out of it. So I thought a 25" riser could be a forever riser! If necessary we could go back to short limbs.

Draw length is only just under 26"

We have a variety of short and medium carbon limbs, she has a shibuya carbon sight, she has ace arrows, it just feels like the riser is the weakest link now.

I must profess to not really knowing what difference a better riser gives. I've only shot one riser myself during the 6-7 years that I've been doing archery.

Stretch

I have seen that riser shoot 1100+ on a 70m 1440 and some very good indoor scores too. That riser is not likely holding anyone back. In fact changing to a stiffer/heavier riser with a different grip could take things the wrong way.

Ideally, she would try every bow in the price range you have in mind. Some dealers will demo for you. Some club mates will let you try their stuff (I have a 25” Xceed near Edinburgh…). Then she can pick what she likes. Some folks like “dull” heavily damped riser feel (Carbon W&W) others like a higher frequency feel (Hoyt)

If there is a mental issue that the riser is not up to making progress - which is a real thing - pick a known manufacturer (like W&W, Hoyt, Spig) and let her choose the bow in the colour she likes best. There are few bad bows - just different feels. How it looks is a major factor.

On the weight front, my 15 year old who is now 5’8”, has been shooting a Hoyt Elan for 3 or 4 years. She shoots rarely, just for fun (riser was her mothers from back in the day) and weight has never been an issue. The Elan is around 1200g. Grip is actually a bigger issue for youngsters, we found the older Hoyt grip too rounded and too big for small paws - so it has an ancient Yamaha grip modded on. Newer Hoyt grips are better and easier to mod.

If you want 23” I’d look at the W&W Winex.

Let her pick.

Stretch