What bag for recurve bow setup

jantar77

Supporter
Supporter
With too many options on the market nowadays what backpack would you recommend for 25 inch recurve bow setup? I use older Legend ProTour which is losing zippers so I think to replace it. I was generally happy with it however some options for spotting scope/tripod would be nice too. Also maybe a bit more space as my fivics accendo quiver takes quite a lot of space inside.

Any preferences?

RichParker

I use the Easton Elite Recurve Backpack, lots of room inside and an external pocket for a tripod and scope. The harness and straps are excellent with a decent hip belt make it comfortable to carry even when fully loaded. [h=1][/h]

grndkntrl

Supporter
Supporter
I went for the Easton Deluxe Recurve backpack, similar to the Elite but a little easier on the wallet and without the internal aluminium support frame. I like both of these as they don't have loads of flashy in-yer-face branding all over them that scream "I'm carrying loads of expensive archery gear, please mug me".

Corax67

I have an Easton Pro Tour (second hand) which I have abused greatly over the last 18 months or so swapping between car boots, indoors and out, muddy fields and concrete hard pitches - it is still going strong with no signs of zip or seam failures or fraying, etc.

So much room I have to go through it every few months and remove the accumulated unneeded ephemera that I seem to collect :)

Karl

nbuuifx

I have an Easton Pro Tour (second hand) which I have abused greatly over the last 18 months or so swapping between car boots, indoors and out, muddy fields and concrete hard pitches - it is still going strong with no signs of zip or seam failures or fraying, etc.

So much room I have to go through it every few months and remove the accumulated unneeded ephemera that I seem to collect :)

Karl
Snap - I have the same one, it has loads of space and mine has also stood up to the same abuse. I also purchased mine second hand so I imagine it has had a good few years of use.

Excellent bag - and well worth buying if you can get one second hand - think mine was ?30.

ArcheryFox

I used to have a pretty big case by Striker Archery Products, similar to this: IMG_2655_zpsa8a0f069.jpg Photo by twilkinsonkgr | Photobucket. It was brilliant - fitted everything in neatly with plenty of space, including all my tools, spares, paperwork, food etc. camera or scope and tripod went in easily. Great as I only ever needed one bag for many occasions.

However, I then moved and started to cycle everywhere. After a year battling with this case on my back on a bike, I finally bit the bullet and got an avalon classic as the cheapest option on the market. This was far easier to transport. It does fit everything I need to shoot, but not much else. You can squeeze a tripod and camera/scope in there (I have done before) but I wouldn't want it to be a permanent thing. The main annoyance I have compared to my striker case is that everything is packed so tight that it all has to come out when I want anything, and in a very specific order. With the striker however, I could just open it up and everything was there. I could take one item out without having to remove 10 other things beforehand to access it!

albatross

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
The main annoyance I have compared to my striker case is that everything is packed so tight that it all has to come out when I want anything, and in a very specific order. With the striker however, I could just open it up and everything was there. I could take one item out without having to remove 10 other things beforehand to access it!
I used to have a case it was perfect, as you say everything easy to get at. I have the same problem as you. I think no matter which brand you buy, you will always have this access problem to some extent.